New Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students
As a commencing undergraduate or postgraduate student, you will need to book in an Enrolment/Check-in appointment to get started on your study journey. During this appointment, you will meet with one of our friendly Student Engagement Officers who will enrol you into your first term units, assist you to create your timetable, and show you through CQUniversity systems.
See information below to make an appointment.
Monday 21 June. All new undergraduate and postgraduate international students must attend an on-campus or online Enrolment/Check-in appointment to complete their enrolment and officially commence their studies at CQU. See information below to make an appointment.
Your orientation will be held in the week starting 5 July. Please refer to the Orientation Our Way page for information about our Term 2 virtual orientation sessions. Registration for each session is required.
Monday, 12 July
Last Day to Enrol in Units
Friday, 23 July
Tuesday, 3 August
Census date is the last date for students to withdraw from enrolled units without academic or financial penalty.
If you are offshore you will be required to undertake Enrolment Check-in via an online Zoom session to assist you with enrolment and to officially commence your studies at CQUniversity.
To attend an Enrolment Check-in appointment, please follow the instructions below:
1. Open the Enrolment Check-in Appointment Booking System
2. Select "Current Student" and Login using your CQUniversity login details. Refer to Log-in tab below for how to login.
3. Click on "Book an appointment "
4. Select your preferred day/time from the available appointments, commencing 21 June 2021.
5. A confirmation email will be sent to your CQUniversity Student email and personal email account as per your application.
6. Attend your Mandatory Enrolment Check-in appointment using the Zoom link included in your booking confirmation.
If you are a new International Student onshore, please visit your campus between 9 am - 12 noon Monday to Friday to finalise your enrolment. Staff from the Student Engagement Team will assist you with:
- Completing the new student check-in form
- Enrol into your units
- Accessing MyCQU and registering for classes (planning your timetable)
- Obtaining your student ID card
- Obtaining your campus access card (Melbourne and Perth campuses only)
- Information about your orientation program
- Any questions/concerns you may have
Alternatively you may also undertake the Enrolment/Check-in process online via the booking system.
Please bring the following documents to campus to ensure your enrolment runs smoothly:
- Original passport (photocopies are not accepted)
- Confirmation of Enrolment (COE)
- Australian contact details (including home address and Australian phone number)
If you require assistance prior to your arrival, please contact the Student Engagement Team by emailing email@example.com.
Once you have been issued with your Confirmation of Enrolment (COE), you will be able to access CQUniversity’s Student Portal. Your log-in details are:
- Your username is your Student ID number, e.g. 12345678. It can be found on both your Letter of Admission and your COE.
- Your default password is your date of birth preceded by a lower case 's’ and finishing with a '#' - e.g. when your birth date is 01/09/1978, your default Password would be s010978#.
Please note, your username and password are case sensitive.
The first time you log in, you should be prompted to create a new password and nominate secret questions and answers. Ensure you choose a password you will remember, but not one anyone else will guess. For a step-by-step guide on how to change your password and add your secret questions, please refer to the Help section of the CQUniversity Password Services website.
Foundations of Academic Integrity
CQUniversity values academic honesty and integrity. As a student, we want to ensure that you understand CQUniversity’s academic expectations before you start your course. To help build your confidence and capacity, all new domestic and international students must complete the Foundations of Academic Integrity module. Upon successful completion of this module, you will be able to access your unit content in Moodle.
Access to the Foundations of Academic Integrity module will be granted once you are enrolled. You are encouraged to complete this module when you receive your pre-enrolment email from your Course Adviser. For more information, please refer to the list of frequently asked questions on the Student Portal.
iChange: Social Innovation Orientation Program
CQUniversity wants to change the world for the better. As Australia’s first and only university to achieve Ashoka U membership, we want our graduates to be life-long changemakers. From 2018, new undergraduate students will be invited to begin their social innovation journey with iChange®* – an orientation to activate changemaking at CQUniversity. Your invitation to iChange® will be sent to your student email account after you have been enrolled. Visit Social Innovation for Students for more information about how you can get involved.
*Registered trademark of Central Queensland University.
Orientation events are not to be missed.
Term 2 2021 Orientation will be a live, virtual event called Orientation TV (OTV). OTV brings you live, fast-paced, informative webinar sessions including How to Uni, Student Life, and Course Essentials. As a new international student, it is important that you attend all OTV sessions. International students must also attend an OTV session called International 101. Attendance is compulsory.
In addition, you will be able to attend optional Orientation Boost sessions, allowing you to create a customised Orientation schedule based on what you need and want to know more about. These should be attended in addition to compulsory Orientation TV sessions.
For students who are studying onshore, there will also be on-campus activities to introduce you to the services and facilities on your campus and to other students and campus staff.
To register for OTV and Orientation Boost sessions, please visit the Orientation Our Way website.