IELTS is jointly owned by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment through more than 1000 test centres and locations in over 140 countries.
CQUniversity has an IELTS Testing Centre based at our Rockhampton North campus. Our Centre is still conducting the IELTS tests. For the most up-to-date information, please read our health advice on the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
There are many reasons why we'd love to see you at our Rockhampton IELTS Testing Centre. Here are ten of them:
- CQUniversity is the oldest IELTS Test Centre in Queensland and was the first regional Computer Delivered Test centre in Queensland
- Small group size – maximum of 7 test-takers per test
- Comfortable, quiet test room
- Friendly and experienced staff
- Personalised service
- Computer Delivered tests – 2 tests a week, making it easier to book a test to your availability
- Quick replies to your email enquiries
- Ability to choose your own speaking time
- On-site accommodation available
- Free on-site parking
Rockhampton IELTS Tests Exams
|17, 18, 24, 26||3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26, 31||1, 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23|
How to Register
Read these instructions carefully before you click on Computer-delivered IELTS — book now.
The cost of an IELTS test is A$385 (GST-free).
Pay online for Rockhampton tests
You can also pay on campus (EFTPOS or cash) at Building 65 on Rockhampton North campus.
For all the background information and practice materials you need to prepare for an IELTS test, please refer to the IELTSEssentials website. We also provide an 'Information for Candidates' booklet when you register. This also contains information and test tips.
Support tools with information regarding computer-delivered IELTS testing can be found on the IELTS website.
IELTS preparation classes will run if there are 7 or more candidates enrolled at certain times during the year. This will include evening classes or a 10-week IELTS preparation course. For enrolment please contact email@example.com.
Watch a video on what to expect on test day.
- Candidates who request (in writing) to cancel their registration before the five-week deadline has passed may apply for a refund. However, an A$88 (GST inclusive) administration fee will be deducted.
- Candidates who request to cancel their registration after the five-week deadline has passed will not receive a refund.
Test Date Transfer
- Candidates may request (in writing) to transfer their registration to another test date before the five-week deadline has passed. A fee of A$22 will apply.
- Candidates who request to transfer their registration to another test date after the five-week deadline has passed will receive no refund.
Candidates who seek to cancel their registration or transfer test dates after the five-week deadline has passed will only receive a refund if they provide documentary evidence to satisfy the IELTS Administrator that their ability to sit the test has been affected by a serious cause.
- Serious illness (hospital admission or serious injury, not minor illnesses such as a cold)
- Loss or bereavement (death of a close family member)
- Hardship or trauma (victim of a crime or traffic accident)
- Military service
Results are posted to you after the test date. Results will not be given over the phone, by email or in person.
Results will not be released prior to being mailed; however, you can check results online 3-5 business days after your test date.
If you are unhappy with your test result, you can apply for a re-mark. Requests for re-marks must be submitted within 6 weeks following your test date.