Understanding Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity - PDC93089
Understanding Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity is becoming more and more important every day. This online micro-credential will provide you with basic training around terminology and issues, to promote awareness, understanding and positive actions. It aims to increase inclusive practice and improve the lives of LGBTIQ people by ensuring students understand the issues around diversities of sexual orientation and gender. Common terminology is explored, with reference to further reading and a guide to appropriate use of language. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
2 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
This online micro-credential in Understanding Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity provides basic training around terminology and issues, to promote awareness, understanding and positive actions. The micro-credential aims to increase inclusive practices and improve the lives of LGBTI people by ensuring students understand the issues around diversities of sexual orientation and gender. An outline of common terminology is provided with reference to further reading, and a guide to appropriate use of language is provided. While a short micro-credential cannot possibly cover every word ever used in the context of sexual orientation, gender, or sex, it aims to help with the subtleties of language and how the use of language can affect people.
This online micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
2 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Identify definitions for relevant terminology
- Recognise barriers for inclusion
- Recall principles for acting to counter discrimination
- Reflect on ways to increase inclusion.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.