Understanding Crime and Deviance in the Community - PDC61250
If you’ve ever wanted to embark on an exploration of problem-orientated policing of crime and deviance as they occur in the community then this micro-credential is for you! Learn about theoretical concepts which can be used when discussing street and gang-related crimes, what a crime hotspot is and problem-orientated policing. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
4 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
What is considered deviant is not always criminal. Police resources are often consumed by crimes of deviance: crimes which go against the accepted social norms, yet many consider that rapid social change is associated with crime due to the breakdown of social norms. This online Short Course explores problem-orientated policing of crime and deviance as they occur in the community and outlines theoretical concepts which can be used when discussing street and gang-related crimes.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
4 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Discuss what is a crime hotspot and how can it be used by police
- Discuss problem-orientated policing
- Discuss a number of theoretical concepts which can be used when discussing street and gang-related crimes.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work or study in the Police and/or Legal profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
This course provides Professional Development for Police personnel and Legal professionals.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded 4 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours and a CQUniversity Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.