Communication in Healthcare
At a glance
As health professionals, our range of services are varied as our clients. Health communication is shaped by many influences. Communication is an active involvement of seeking, processing and sharing information of our understanding and shared meanings.
The course comprises of seven modules:
- Clinical Handover – Principles of Clinical Communication
- Communication at the End of Life
- Effective Communication in Health
- Dealing with Aggression – An Introduction
- Health Professional’s Guide to Professional Boundaries
- Reporting Elder Abuse
- Writing Progress Notes – An Introduction
Total cost of this course is $220.00, for direct access to the course visit http://cpheonline.cqu.edu.au/
|Intake Dates||Year Round|
Hours of study
This nine hour course is completed online.
Successful completion of this course is awarded nine CPD hours.
This nine hour course provides you with an overview of the communication skills involved in health care and those required to provide effective and meaningful care to clients.
- Identify the role of the nurse in information handling
- Identify the characteristics of quality information
- Describe the information systems required in health
- Outline information security and confidentiality
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Access to this course is through our Learning Management System at http://cpheonline.cqu.edu.au/
Self-directed online course with quiz