English, Work and Study Preparation
SUN is a CQUniversity initiative that allows students in Year 10*, 11 and 12 to study CQUniversity courses whilst still in high school.
*Year 10 students are eligible for Term 3 (November) intake only.
To apply for entry into the SUN program, please follow the steps below.
- Organise a meeting with your school contact (ie Careers Officer, Year Level Co-ordinator, Guidance Officer) and your parent/guardian to discuss your interest in the program.
- Read through the SUN Program Guidelines to ensure you are clear on the requirements of the program.
- Choose a course from the Course Offerings section of the SUN website.
- Complete and submit a SUN Application form, with a copy of your most recent report card.
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com and must be received at least two weeks prior to each term commencing. Check out the term dates.
If you do not meet the entry requirements we will contact you to discuss your options.
For more information, please contact the SUN Team by calling 13 27 86 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEPS is an preparatory program that provides a pathway for people wishing to gain entry into and excel in higher education.
To apply, follow the steps listed below.
- Open the STEPS page in the CQUniversity Handbook and click on “Apply Online”. Once we receive your application, we will send you information about how to complete the STEPS diagnostic testing and an enrolment form.
- Complete the STEPS diagnostic testing for literacy, numeracy and computing competence and return the completed enrolment form.
Once we receive your enrolment form, one of our Access Coordinators will contact you to arrange a one-on-one interview to finalise your application.
If your application is successful, we will use the results and personal information from the STEPS diagnostic testing and interview, along with information about what you would like to study after STEPS, to plan an individual course of study just for you.
For more information on the above STEPS Information Sessions, please visit the CQUniversity Events Calendar
For more information contact our Student Advice team by calling 13 27 86 or send us an email:
The Tertiary Entry Program (TEP) is an enabling program delivered by the Office of Indigenous Engagement to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to assist you to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence to undertake university study.
To apply, submit an application form.
All enquiries for the Office of Indigenous Engagement can be directed to:
- Phone: 07 4930 9250 or 1800 651 891
- Email: email@example.com