Study After SUN
Upon successful completion of a SUN unit, you may be eligible to apply for direct entry into a CQUni Bachelor degree.
Direct entry means that you can apply directly to CQUniversity via an online application system.
You can certainly still apply through QTAC (or the relevant Tertiary Admissions Centre) to keep your options open, particularly if you are not 100% sure on the path you want to follow after graduating high school (this is a completely normal feeling by the way!).
Direct entry applications are received directly by our CQUni Admissions Team and are assessed against the eligibility criteria listed below.
Note: For the majority of courses, your OP is not taken into account as part of the direct entry process. See the ‘What courses are not eligible for direct entry’ section for more information.
To be eligible for direct entry into your chosen CQUniversity Bachelor course, you must:
- Have received a minimum pass grade in your SUN unit/s to date (units completed must form part of the course structure for your desired course in 2019);
- Successfully complete all required pre-requisites for your chosen course (you can view these pre-requisites on the CQUni Handbook or via the QTAC website ); and
- Receive your Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) (or interstate equivalent) at the end of Year 12 (Please note that this must be a certificate issued by your State Board of Studies Authority).
Note that the direct entry process is governed by the Admission to CQUniversity Coursework Courses Policy and Procedure. Entry requirements into individual degree courses apply, including specific course application cut off dates.
As previously mentioned, not all courses allow for direct entry. These are our quota managed courses which have competitive entry due to enrolment number restrictions.
Current quota managed courses are in health related areas such as physiotherapy, oral health, echocardiography, medical sonography and medical imaging.
If you are interested in applying for entry into any of these degrees, you will be required to do so via your Tertiary Admissions Centre (eg QTAC) and your OP/Rank will be essential.
- Visit handbook.cqu.edu.au;
- Type in your degree course (Bachelor) into the search bar (eg. Bachelor of Nursing);
- The Bachelor will appear in the search results;
- Click on the Apply Now button next to the relevant Bachelor result;
- Follow the prompts throughout the online application process;
- When you get to the 'Choose your term and location' section, simply click on the arrow under the relevant campus/term/year of entry; and
- Complete the application process as prompted and supply supporting documentation as requested.
NOTE: Although your QCE (or other state approved certificate) is required for an offer to be made, you can still receive a conditional offer from our Admissions team subject to final requirements being met (eg. QCE, pre-requisites).