Psychology, Social Work and Community Services
At CQUniversity, we offer a range of nationally-recognised courses across the areas of Psychology, Social Work and Community Services.
These courses are dynamic and diverse, providing a solid basis for a range of career options. Our courses assist in developing your critical-thinking skills, oral and written communication techniques, research ability and capacity for further independent study.
Work experience and practical projects have also been integrated into many of our courses to ensure that your learning is relevant to your chosen career and provides you with the skills you need in the workforce.
If you have an inquisitive mind, enjoy working with people and want diversity in your job, then a career in psychology could be for you. If you have an interest in empowering individuals, families, groups, organisations, neighbourhoods, and communities to address social exclusion and social injustice, you may wish to pursue a career in social work. If you wish to explore work in a broad range of services that provide support to individuals and groups in the community, you may be interested in a career in community services.
Our courses in psychology, social work and community services provide development in lifelong skills that can be useful in all careers and in day-to-day life, such as critical thinking, research and investigation, communication, design and planning. With your working knowledge of the psychology, social work and community services fields, you'll be eligible for a wide range of human service or community jobs.
The Psychology, Social Work and Community Services courses available at CQUniversity offer you practical field experience as well as opportunities to enhance your knowledge in research or further study.
- HLT30113 - Certificate III in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- HLT33015 - Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance
- CHC32015 - Certificate III in Community Services
- HLT33115 - Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
- CHC33015 - Certificate III in Individual Support
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Forensic Psychology
- Graduate Certificate in Dementia Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Domestic and Family Violence Practice
- Graduate Certificate in Emergency and Disaster Management
- Graduate Certificate in Facilitating Men’s Behaviour Change
- Graduate Certificate in Healthy Ageing
- Graduate Certificate in Positive Psychology
- Graduate Certificate in Research
- Graduate Diploma of Dementia Studies
- Graduate Diploma of Domestic and Family Violence Practice
- Graduate Diploma of Healthy Ageing
- Graduate Diploma of Positive Psychology
- Master of Applied Positive Psychology
- Master of Clinical Psychology
- Master of Professional Psychology