CU90 - Master of Human Movement Science
At a glance
The Masters Degree by Research is a course of supervised research and study leading to the submission of a thesis which makes a contribution to knowledge.
|Study modes||On-Campus, Online|
|Availability||Adelaide; Brisbane; Bundaberg; Cairns; Emerald; Gladstone Marina; Mackay Ooralea; Melbourne; Noosa; Perth; Rockhampton North; Sydney; Townsville; Online Study|
|Duration||2 years full-time, 4 years part-time|
|Intake dates||March, July, November|
A higher degree by research is usually required for an academic career or a professional career in research. Many other discipline-specific employment opportunities exist as employers recognise the skills developed through a degree by research course are widely applicable in the workplace.
The Masters Degree by Research is a course of supervised research and study leading to the submission of a thesis. The course is governed by the Course Rules for Masters Degrees by Research which provide details regarding all aspects of admission, progression, submission and examination of the thesis. Consultation with the University will assist you to determine eligibility for admission, to identify the proposed areas of research and to ascertain the availability of suitable supervisors.
Why Study Health at CQUniversity
Research is an integral part of CQUniversity's purpose. There is a strong commitment to the conduct of cutting-edge research in new areas which challenge the boundaries of the traditional disciplines to provide distinctive research opportunities and solutions for staff, candidates and sponsors.
Structure and assessment
To complete the course, a candidate will normally study for an expected period of two years (full-time) or four years (part-time). New applicants may apply at any time of the year. Continuing candidates will be re-enrolled at the beginning of each academic year. The research units in which masters candidates enrol are ungraded. Candidates who may be required to complete prescribed units will be enrolled in a separate course (CP20).
Areas of study:
- Human Movement Science.
For example units you could study as part of the Master of Human Movement Science course please click here.
If you have any questions regarding this course, call 13 27 86.
Credit transfer information
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
You must hold an honours degree or a bachelor degree at a high level of academic performance in a relevant discipline.
You must also select your research area of interest and find your research supervisor.
Find out more about research requirements.
Minimum academic IELTS score of 6.5 with no individual band score of less than 6.0.
Find out more about English requirements.
To successfully complete your studies, you may be required to demonstrate that you can meet course requirements associated with your course. For more information on these course requirements please view the ‘Course Requirements’ section found under the ‘What do I need to start?’ page under the ‘Getting Started’ tab of the Student Handbook . Additional information on student placements and work integrated learning can also be found in the Student Handbook, on the ‘Course Features’ page under ‘Getting Started’.
Fees and scholarships
Estimated first term fee: $14 452
Estimated first year fee: $28 904
Estimated full course cost: $59 542
At CQUniversity, we are committed to making education accessible to everyone. That is why on top of offering multiple pathways for entry to our courses and a generous variety of scholarships, we also offer highly competitive fees. When referring to course fees for international students, please note the following:
- Fees are in Australian dollars AU$.
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- The final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course. This estimate assumes a full-time study load.
- The typical total course fee is an estimate of the tuition fees for the whole course. This estimate is based on typical unit enrolments in each year of the course, with indexation of the international subject fees at six per cent per annum for every additional year of study. Total course fees assume students complete no more than the course duration indicated.
- International students can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on campus in Australia may only take 25 per cent of their entire course by online study, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
You may refer to the International Courses and Fees 2019 to see the full list.
Please see our Scholarships site for scholarships that you may be interested in.
How to Apply
iStart, our easy to use online application system for international students will guide you through the process of applying for a course at CQUniversity Australia.
Yes. Registering with iStart will allow you to do the following:
- Complete your application
- Monitor the status of your application
- Receive an offer
- Accept your offer.
Yes, iStart can accept applications for all courses including English, vocational, undergraduate, postgraduate coursework and Research Higher Degrees (RHD).
You can apply to study English language only, or for both English language and academic course at the same time.
If your chosen academic course is available by online study, you can choose Distance Education on the relevant screen when you apply.
You can only submit one application. If you change your mind about the course you are applying for, please log into iStart and send an email to the International Admissions Team through the system or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for credit within iStart. Instructions are provided on the relevant screen.
You will need to provide certified* copies of the supporting documents below:
- Academic transcripts
- Translations of academic transcripts (if original documents are in a language other than English)
- Personal identification document e.g. passport
- Evidence that you meet the English requirement e.g. an English test result.
If you do not have your latest academic transcript, please provide a copy of your most recent academic transcript. The International Admissions Team will be in contact if they need further information or documentation.
* A certified copy is a photocopy of the original document with a certification stamp that includes the certifier's printed name, title or position, signature and date of notary. It may be from a Justice of the Peace, Commissioner of Declaration, a contracted agent of CQUniversity or the issuing authority of institution.
There is no application fee.
Yes. During the application, you will be able to indicate if you would like to apply for an International Student Scholarship. You may find more information on the International Student Scholarship, including the selection criteria on our website.
No. To apply for a Research Higher Degree (RHD) scholarship, you must use the Research Scholarship online application form. Please check what is available on the Research Scholarships page or email email@example.com with any queries. Please note that the RHD scholarship rounds are only open twice a year.
Research Higher Degree candidates apply via iStart with an Expression of Interest which asks you to select your course and location, along with providing a brief description of your proposed research topic. Expression of Interest must be submitted by the prospective candidate.
Depending upon the outcome of your Expression of Interest, you may be invited to submit a full application for admission as a research higher degree candidate. The University reserves the right to refuse admission to any applicant.
Once we receive all required supporting documents, it will take approximately 10 to 14 working days to process.
You can log into iStart to check the status of your application. You will receive an email from the International Admissions Team notifying you of the outcome of your application.
Please email the International Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email the International Admissions Team at email@example.com describing the issue.
For further information
If you have any questions about the course, please call us on 13 27 86.
You can also register your interest to stay up-to-date with course developments, application timelines and events happening in your area.