CC72 - Master of Human Resource Management
At a glance
This course enables you to gain specialist education and training in the core elements of human resource management applicable to local and global business environments. Covering all areas of human resource management, the course facilitates your critical evaluation of contemporary theories and develops advanced skills and knowledge in the field.
Upon completing the Master of Human Resource Management employment opportunities include specialist positions in employee recruitment and selection, training and development, strategic planning and performance management.
|Study modes||On-Campus, Online|
|Availability||Brisbane; Melbourne; Sydney; Online Study|
|Duration||2 years full-time, 4 years part-time|
As a graduate of this course you will enhance you career options in middle or top management positions in industry, commerce or government. Employment opportunities include specialist positions in employee recruitment and selection, training and development, strategic planning and performance management.
As a student or graduate you are eligible to join the Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI).
AHRI is "the national association representing human resource and people management professionals" in
Australia. AHRI maintains a membership of "around 20,000 members from Australia and across the globe". "Whether you want to develop your career, get HR support, stay in touch with the latest industry developments, or help to grow the HR and management skills of your team, AHRI membership is for you". AHRI maintains a variety of resources for members including AHRI: Assist, free insurance cover, industry developments, career development, networking opportunities and HR publications.
The Master of Human Resource Management will enable you to gain specialist education and training in the core elements of human resource management applicable to local and global business environments. Covering all areas of human resource management, the course facilitates your critical evaluation of contemporary theories and develops advanced skills and knowledge in the field. The course examines HR strategy, training, recruitment, performance development, diversity management and managing change, to qualify you to operate as human resource professionals in domestic and international business contexts.
Why Study at CQUniversity
If you want to learn how business works, and like to strategise and manage, a course in business may be for you. There are no limitations to where a business qualification can take you. Choose from a broad spectrum of fields, and develop highly desired, transferable skills such as teamwork and communication.
Wide Choice of study areas
Select from arts, accounting, business, hospitality, human resource management, information systems, management, marketing, professional communication, property, public relations, retail, supply chain management, tourism, warehousing and more to suit your personal interests and career goals.
Benefit from the flexibility to study full-time or part-time and either on-campus or by online study. Choose from a number of majors, minors and elective units to individually tailor your learning to suit you.
Graduate work ready
At CQUniversity, we provide the right mix of theory and practical experiences to ensure you graduate work ready, making you attractive to employers and helping to broaden your career opportunities.
You will have the opportunity to gain crucial life-long learning and transferable generic skills, such as critical thinking and problem-solving. You will be able to apply these skills to a range of employment opportunities and life situations.
Postgraduate and research
CQUniversity offers a range of postgraduate and research courses.
Structure and assessment
For detailed information regarding the course structure and core units, please visit the CQUniversity handbook.
For example units you could study as part of the Master of Human Resource Management course please click here.
As CQUniversity is committed to providing quality, up-to-date and relevant education, please note units are refreshed regularly and may not be an exact indication of unit availability for your study. Please call 13 27 86 if you have specific questions regarding unit information regarding your specific application.
Work integrated Learning
Industry engagement is pivotal to you learning journey. To ensure our courses are relevant and employment focused, you can experience industry engagement at all levels. Specifically, you can undertake an internship or work placement as a component of your course. You are able to choose from Australian or international work placements. We offer three courses that combine to provide students with effective, relevant industry-based learning;
1. Effective Business Communications is the pre-requisite course for students to undertake a professional project, work placement or internship in their program of study.
2. Professional Placement: a compulsory co-requisite course for students during their placement term.
3. Professional Project: a capstone experience that combines your work placement with key learning outcomes.
Credit transfer information
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree with the equivalent of an Australian pass grade average in the final two terms, from a recognised Higher Education institution.
Find out more about academic requirements.
|IELTS Academic||6.0 with no individual band score of less than 5.5|
|TOEFL Internet-based||Overall score of 75 with no score less than 17|
|Pearson Test of English Academic||Overall score of 54 with no score less than 46|
To successfully complete your studies, you may be required to demonstrate that you can meet course requirements associated with your course. For more information on these course requirements please view the ‘Course Requirements’ section found under the ‘What do I need to start?’ page under the ‘Getting Started’ tab of the Student Handbook . Additional information on student placements and work integrated learning can also be found in the Student Handbook, on the ‘Course Features’ page under ‘Getting Started’.
Fees and scholarships
Estimated first year fee: $27 300
Estimated full course cost: $56 429
At CQUniversity, we are committed to making education accessible to everyone. That is why on top of offering multiple pathways for entry to our courses and a generous variety of scholarships, we also offer highly competitive fees. When referring to course fees for international students, please note the following:
- Fees are in Australian dollars AU$.
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- The final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course. This estimate assumes a full-time study load.
- The typical total course fee is an estimate of the tuition fees for the whole course. This estimate is based on typical unit enrolments in each year of the course, with indexation of the international subject fees at six per cent per annum for every additional year of study. Total course fees assume students complete no more than the course duration indicated.
- International students can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on campus in Australia may only take 25 per cent of their entire course by online study, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
You may refer to the International Courses and Fees 2019 to see the full list.
Please see our Scholarships site for scholarships that you may be interested in.
How to Apply
iStart, our easy to use online application system for international students will guide you through the process of applying for a course at CQUniversity Australia.
Yes. Registering with iStart will allow you to do the following:
- Complete your application
- Monitor the status of your application
- Receive an offer
- Accept your offer.
Yes, iStart can accept applications for all courses including English, vocational, undergraduate, postgraduate coursework and Research Higher Degrees (RHD).
You can apply to study English language only, or for both English language and academic course at the same time.
If your chosen academic course is available by online study, you can choose Distance Education on the relevant screen when you apply.
You can only submit one application. If you change your mind about the course you are applying for, please log into iStart and send an email to the International Admissions Team through the system or email email@example.com.
You can apply for credit within iStart. Instructions are provided on the relevant screen.
You will need to provide certified* copies of the supporting documents below:
- Academic transcripts
- Translations of academic transcripts (if original documents are in a language other than English)
- Personal identification document e.g. passport
- Evidence that you meet the English requirement e.g. an English test result.
If you do not have your latest academic transcript, please provide a copy of your most recent academic transcript. The International Admissions Team will be in contact if they need further information or documentation.
* A certified copy is a photocopy of the original document with a certification stamp that includes the certifier's printed name, title or position, signature and date of notary. It may be from a Justice of the Peace, Commissioner of Declaration, a contracted agent of CQUniversity or the issuing authority of institution.
There is no application fee.
Yes. During the application, you will be able to indicate if you would like to apply for an International Student Scholarship. You may find more information on the International Student Scholarship, including the selection criteria on our website.
No. To apply for a Research Higher Degree (RHD) scholarship, you must use the Research Scholarship online application form. Please check what is available on the Research Scholarships page or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries. Please note that the RHD scholarship rounds are only open twice a year.
Research Higher Degree candidates apply via iStart with an Expression of Interest which asks you to select your course and location, along with providing a brief description of your proposed research topic. Expression of Interest must be submitted by the prospective candidate.
Depending upon the outcome of your Expression of Interest, you may be invited to submit a full application for admission as a research higher degree candidate. The University reserves the right to refuse admission to any applicant.
Once we receive all required supporting documents, it will take approximately 10 to 14 working days to process.
You can log into iStart to check the status of your application. You will receive an email from the International Admissions Team notifying you of the outcome of your application.
Please email the International Admissions Team at email@example.com.
Please email the International Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org describing the issue.
For further information
If you have any questions about the course, please call us on 13 27 86.
You can also register your interest to stay up-to-date with course developments, application timelines and events happening in your area.