Zonta Club of Mackay STEPS Scholarship
To provide financial assistance to one deserving female student who is enrolling in a Bachelor course at CQUniversity, providing she has completed the STEPS course, and has a residential address in the Mackay region.
Scholarship Value: $1,000
Length of Scholarship: One off payment
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 11 September 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Study Level||Enabling Program; Bachelor|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander; South Sea Islander; Non Indigenous|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a female student who has completed the STEPS course
- Be commencing studies in a CQUniversity Bachelor course in Term 1, 2018
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa*
- Have a residential postcode in the Mackay Region (4737-4803)
- Be enrolled at Census date Term 1 2018
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
* Must have a permanent home address in Australia
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission addressing the following:
"How will this scholarship assist you to be what you want to be?"
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of the Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payment will be for $1,000 and credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
- Written submission
To apply for the Zonta Mackay Scholarship:
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines to check for eligibility and documentation required
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from the Zonta Club of Mackay Inc will be formed to determine the successful applicant in each instance. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Zonta Club Mackay Inc
The Zonta Club of Mackay was chartered in October 1992. Our club is part of Area 5 (Mackay, north to Cairns and west to Mt Isa), comprising nine clubs with over 200 members. Area 5 is in District 22 which encompasses Queensland and northern New South Wales (Northern Rivers), comprising 42 clubs. To achieve the objectives of Zonta International, the Mackay Club works to improve the status of women of all ages through addressing education, health and economic needs in our local community. We are also strong supporters of the Zonta Internationals ZONTA SAYS NO to Domestic Violence campaign