Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) Women in Engineering 2017 Scholarships
The TMR Women in Engineering Scholarships are part of TMR’s ongoing ‘Women in Engineering’ program of works. A particular focus of the program is encouraging an increase in female participation in and graduation from STEM tertiary courses to foster gender parity in the profession. The Scholarships will support female tertiary engineering students in their studies and promote TMR as an employer of choice.
Scholarship Value: $2,000
Length of Scholarship: One off payment
Number Available: 2 (Two) One Scholarship to be awarded to a first or second year student. One Scholarship to be awarded to a fourth year student.
Opening Date: 24 April 2017
Closing Date: 23 June 2017
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||First Year; 2nd year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; South Sea Islander; Torres Strait Islander|
|Study Region||Biloela; Brisbane; Bundaberg; Cairns; Emerald; Gladstone; Mackay; Noosa; Rockhampton; Townsville; Yeppoon|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
- Be enrolled in 2017 into CQUniversity Bachelor of Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Civil or Electrical);
- Be a full‐time first, second or fourth year student;
- Be a Queensland Resident;
- Be female;
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa*;
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship.
* Must have a permanent home address in Australia
- How the Scholarship will assist them in achieving their educational objectives;
- Demonstrating their love of maths and physics, including discussion about their practical application in Engineering;
- Demonstrating their leadership skills
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of Scholarship
Payment will be made to the successful applicants after Census Date of Term 2 2017. Payment will be $2,000 and credited electronically to the students’ nominated bank accounts
Written Statement - refer to scholarship Selection Criteria
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines to check for eligibility and documentation required
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
Selection of the successful recipients will be determined by a selection panel made of CQUniversity representatives. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets