Reg Tanna Memorial Scholarship
The Reg Tanna Memorial Scholarship supports high achieving Engineering Students in the Gladstone Region (4680), who demonstrate financial need. The Scholarship is provided by Gladstone Ports Corporation in memory of the much admired former General Manager of the port, Mr Reg Tanna. The Scholarship provides $3,500 to an Engineering Student with a residential postcode in the Gladstone region (4680), who demonstrates high academic achievement and the need for financial support to assist them with the pursuit of their education.
Scholarship Value: $3,500
Length of Scholarship: One off payment
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 11 September 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year; 2nd year; 3rd year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive The Reg Tanna Memorial Scholarship an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a CQUniversity student studying either a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (CC31) or Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Diploma of Professional Practice (Co-op Engineering) (CC32)
- Have a residential postcode within the Gladstone Region (4680)
- Provide evidence of high academic achievement and/ or a demonstrated financial need
- Be enrolled at CQUniversity at Census Date of Term 1 2018
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded* Scholarship
*Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission addressing the following:
- How will this scholarship help you to achieve your career/educational goals? and
- Describe how the scholarship funds will make a difference to you financially?
As a donor scholarship recipient, you will be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of the Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payment will be for $3,500 and credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
- Written submission
- Evidence of low income (please see below)
- Evidence of academic achievement (school reports, academic records)
Possible required documents:
- Centrelink Income Statement – current (How to obtain a Centrelink Income Statement)
- 3 current payslips – including partner’s income if partnered or parent/s if you are under 22 years of age
- Latest Notice of Assessment (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- Most recent Tax Return (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- 3 months of personal or business bank account statements
Please note if you are under the age of 22 and not deemed "Independent" by Centrelink we will require income documents from your parent/s.
To apply for The Reg Tanna Memorial Scholarship:
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines to check for eligibility and documentation required
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from CQUniversity will be formed to determine the successful applicant in each instance. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Gladstone Ports Corporation
Our Community Investment Program aims to make a real and positive contribution to the regional communities in which we operate. We take pride in our partnerships and actively encourage applications to our Community Investment Program that align with our key priorities, social, environment and economic sustainability.
GPC invests into the Gladstone, Rockhampton and Bundaberg regions funding community projects, and providing and maintaining maintenance and provision of our community parklands.