Queensland Country Women’s Association Capricornia Division Scholarship
This scholarship is provided by the Queensland Country Women's Association Capricornia Division to provide recognition and assistance to a deserving first year student residing and studying either a Bachelor of Physiotherapy; a Bachelor of Nursing; or a Bachelor of Paramedic Science in the Central Queensland region.
Scholarship Value: $1,000
Length of Scholarship: Once-off
Opening Date: 15 June 2018
Closing Date: 11 July 2018
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Study Region||Emerald; Gladstone; Rockhampton|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive The Queensland Country Women’s Association Capricornia Division Scholarship an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolling or enrolled in Term 2, 2018 in their first year of a either:
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy;
- Bachelor of Nursing; or
- Bachelor of Paramedic Science
- Be able to provide evidence of financial hardship
- Have a residential postcode in the Central Queensland region
- Be enrolled at CQUniversity at Census Date of Term 2 2018
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa*
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed on the application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the Scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives;
- Extracurricular activities – especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership.
- Life experiences
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 2 2018 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 after final post Census date eligibility checks. Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievement
- Evidence of low income (please see below)
Possible required documents:
- Centrelink Income Statement – current (How to obtain a Centrelink Income Statement)
- 3 current payslips – including partner’s income if partnered or parent/s if you are under 22 years of age
- Latest Notice of Assessment (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- Most recent Tax Return (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- 3 months of personal or business bank account statements
- Please note if you are under the age of 22 and not deemed "Independent" by Centrelink we will require income documents from your parent/s.
To apply for the Queensland Country Women’s Association Capricornia Division Scholarship:
- Read and understand the scholarship information above, specifically the eligibility, selection criteria and supporting documentation needed for your online application.
- Scholarships will open at 9am AEST on 15th June, 2018 and ALL applications must be submitted online by the closing date, 5pm AEST, Wednesday, 11th July, 2018.
- Complete an online Scholarship Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is attached as outlined above. Further information may be required to assess your application. These requests for further information will be sent directly to student email accounts (current students) or nominated email accounts for future students who are not yet enrolled. Responses to requests for further information must be received before 5pm AEST on the closing date. Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For current students (who already have a Student ID number), click here to apply.
For future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer), click here to apply
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from CQUniversity will be formed to determine the successful applicants. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Queensland Country Women’s Association Capricornia Division
With three Regions, twenty Divisions and over two hundred and fifty Branches, the QCWA is the largest and most widespread women’s organisation in Queensland. Since 1922, the QCWA has been about women from all over Queensland coming together for many different reasons, whether it is about meeting new people, making new friends, learning new skills or getting involved in the community. Whatever the reason, it is friendship and the overall desire to help others that has banded the women of this organisation together.
Our vision is simple, for the women of Queensland to come together to support communities, while celebrating their interests and forging friendships in a respectful and caring environment. This is achieved by advocating and providing opportunities for women centering around education, health and community throughout every phase of a woman’s life.