The Queensland Country Women’s Association Capricornia Division Scholarship
This scholarship is provided by the Queensland Country Women's Association Capricornia Division to provide recognition and assistance to a deserving first year student residing and studying either a Bachelor of Physiotherapy; a Bachelor of Nursing; or a Bachelor of Paramedic Science in the Central Queensland region.
Scholarship Value: $1,000
Length of Scholarship: One-off Payment
Number Available: 1 (one)
Opening Date: 24 April 2017
Closing Date: 23 June 2017
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander; South Sea Islander; Non Indigenous|
|Study Region||Emerald; Gladstone; Rockhampton|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive The Queensland Country Women’s Association Capricornia Division Scholarship an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolling or enrolled in their first year of a Bachelor of Physiotherapy; Bachelor of Nursing or a Bachelor of Paramedic Science in Term 2, 2017
- Be able to provide evidence of financial hardship
- Have a residential postcode in the Central Queensland region
- Be enrolled at CQUniversity at Census Date of Term 2 2017
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa*
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
* Must have a permanent home address in Australia**
Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission addressing the following:
- How will this scholarship assist you to be what you want to be?
- How will this scholarship help you to overcome obstacles and achieve your career goals?
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of Scholarship
Payment will be credited electronically to the students nominated bank account after Census Date of Term 2 2017.
Applications will need to supply the following documentation:
- Evidence that you have low personal or family income (Cenrelink statement, payslip, etc.)
To apply for The Queensland Country Women’s Association Capricornia Division Scholarship:
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines to check for eligibility and documentation required
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
Selection of the successful recipient will be by the scholarship donor/s. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after selection concludes.
The Queensland Country Women’s Association Capricornia Division
With three Regions, twenty Divisions and over two hundred and fifty Branches, the QCWA is the largest and most widespread women’s organisation in Queensland. Since 1922, the QCWA has been about women from all over Queensland coming together for many different reasons, whether it is about meeting new people, making new friends, learning new skills or getting involved in the community. Whatever the reason, it is friendship and the overall desire to help others that has banded the women of this organisation together.
Our vision is simple, for the women of Queensland to come together to support communities, while celebrating their interests and forging friendships in a respectful and caring environment. This is achieved by advocating and providing opportunities for women centering around education, health and community throughout every phase of a woman’s life.