The Queensland Agricultural Training Colleges Scholarship
The scholarship will provide recognition and assistance to one first year student enrolled in CQUniversity’s Bachelor of Agriculture.
Scholarship Value: The Scholar will be provided free accommodation, 3 meals / day and laundry at the Emerald Agricultural College, and is valued at $370 / week.
Length of Scholarship: One Year (Term 1 & 2, 2018)
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 11 September 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander; South Sea Islander; Non Indigenous|
|Study Load||Full time|
- Be enrolled as a first year student in CQUniversity Bachelor of Agriculture;
- Be studying in Emerald but maintain a permanent address in a remote location;
- Be studying a full‐time term course load (18 credit points or more);
- Demonstrate low income;
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship.
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- How will this scholarship assist you to be what you want to be?
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarship programs by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events.
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 4.0 each Term
- Remain enrolled with a full-time study load at Census date each term
- Written submission
- Evidence of financial need / low income (please see below)
Possible required documents
- Centrelink Income Statement – current (How to obtain a Centrelink Income Statement)
- 3 current payslips – including partner’s income if partnered
- Latest Notice of Assessment (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- Most recent Tax Return (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- 3 months of personal bank account statements
Please note if you are under the age of 22 and not deemed "Independent" by Centrelink we will require income documents from your parent/s.
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines to check for eligibility and documentation required
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
Selection of the successful recipient will be determined by a selection panel made of representatives from QATC and CQUniversity. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.