The Mastermyne Group Scholarship
Mastermyne is offering two scholarships, valued each at $4000 per year, for up to two years.
Scholarship Value: Up to $8,000
Length of Scholarship: 2 years/completion of your degree (whichever is sooner)
Number Available: 1 (one)
Opening Date: 22 August 2016
Closing Date: 06 November 2016
|Year of Study||Continuing (2nd year or greater)|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander; South Sea Islander; Non Indigenous|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||Full time|
To be eligible to receive The Mastermyne Group Scholarship an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a continuing (2nd/3rd Year^) student at CQUniversity in a Bachelor or Associate Degree qualification within the disciplines of Engineering, Business, Law and Finance/Accounting in Term 1 2017
- Be enrolled at Census date of Term 1 2017
- Be studying Fulltime (18 credit points or greater per term)
- An Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa*
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
^ 2nd/3rd Year refers to the level study within a program, not the length of time an applicant has been studying for
* Must have a permanent home address in Australia
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission (of no more than 500 words) addressing the following:
- Describe your career/education goals; and
- How this scholarship will help me to achieve my career/educational goals?
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicant/s must:
- Maintain at least a GPA of 4.0 throughout the duration of their degree
- Remain enrolled in the program as at Census Date of each Term (terms 1 & 2 only)
- As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant after Census Date of Term 1 and Term 2, 2017 and credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
Refer to the scholarship guidelines
To apply for The Mastermyne Group Scholarship:
1. Read the Scholarship Guidelines
2. Complete a Scholarship Application Form
3. Ensure all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
4. Submit your Scholarship Application to the Student Success Centre by the closing date – refer to the Scholarship Application Form for submission options
Please Note: Complete Applications must be received at the Student Success Centre, Scholarships Office by the closing date.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from Mastermyne Pty Ltd and CQUniversity will be formed to determine the successful applicant in each instance. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Mastermyne Pty Ltd
For the past 19 years The Mastermyne Group Ltd has been a leading provider of a range of specialist contracting services to the Mining sector. The Company has grown by delivering high quality, competitive services for underground mining and has an established presence in all major coal producing regions on the east coast of Australia. Today Mastermyne is listed on the ASX and employs in the region of 1000 people operating across mine sites and other locations both in Queensland and New South Wales. www.mastermyne.com.au