CQUniCares Mastermyne Group Scholarship
This scholarship will provide recognition and financial assistance to a continuing student studying either an Engineering (Mining / Mechanical), Business (HR), Law, or Accounting/Finance course at CQUniversity and undertaking work placement with Mastermyne.
Scholarship Value: Up to $8,000 + paid work experience
Length of Scholarship: 2 years/completion of your degree (whichever is sooner)
Number Available: 1 (one)
Opening Date: 18 December 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Study Level||Associate Degree; Bachelor; Masters; Graduate Certificate; Graduate Diploma; Undergraduate; Postgraduate (Course work)|
|Year of Study||Continuing (2nd year or greater)|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Mastermyne Group Scholarship an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- * Be a continuing (2nd/3rd / 4th / Final Year^) student in Term 1, 2018 at CQUniversity in a Bachelor, Associate Degree or Postgraduate course within the disciplines of either:
- Engineering (Mining and Mechanical),
- Business (HR),
- Law, or
- Be enrolled at Census date of Term 1 2018
- An Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa*
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
- Must be committed to undertake work placement with Mastermyne in Mackay during 2018 and 2019.
^ 2nd/3rd / 4th / Final Year refers to the level study within a program, not the length of time an applicant has been studying for.
* Must have a permanent home address in Australia
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Each Applicant will be asked to provide a completed application form and a written submission of no more than two pages addressing the following criteria:
- How this scholarship will help me to achieve my career / educational goals.
- How my work placement experience with Mastermyne will help establish my future career prospects.
- Examples of how I reflect the Mastermyne values in the way I approach my life, work and studies.
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain at least a GPA of 4.0 throughout the duration of their degree
- Remain enrolled in the program as at Census Date of each Term (Terms 1 & 2 only)
- The selected Scholar must be willing and available to undertake work placement at Mastermyne in Mackay, Central Queensland during their studies (paid work experience/vacation employment). The student’s ability and desire to do this will be assessed by Mastermyne during selection stage. Mastermyne may enter into a direct agreement with the Scholars prior to a Scholarship offer being made.
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
Payments will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 after final post Census date eligibility checks at Term 1 and Term 2. Payments will be credited electronically to the students’ nominated bank accounts.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- A full resume (including two referees - one lecturer and one associated with their casual/part-time employment or community or sporting activities)
To apply for The CQUniCares Mastermyne Group Scholarship Scholarship:
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines to check for eligibility and documentation required
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from Mastermyne Pty Ltd and CQUniversity will be formed to determine the successful applicant. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Mastermyne Pty Ltd
For the past 19 years The Mastermyne Group Ltd has been a leading provider of a range of specialist contracting services to the Mining sector. The Company has grown by delivering high quality, competitive services for underground mining and has an established presence in all major coal producing regions on the east coast of Australia. Today Mastermyne is listed on the ASX and employs in the region of 1000 people operating across mine sites and other locations both in Queensland and New South Wales. www.mastermyne.com.au