Lou Gatti Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was established in honour of Lou Gatti’s life and achievements. It recognises Lou’s contribution to the Bundaberg community, in particular, his efforts to establish services and programs to improve the lives of the most vulnerable. The Scholarship will provide recognition and financial assistance to a student residing and studying in the Bundaberg Region.
Scholarship Value: $1,500
Length of Scholarship: One off payment
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 11 September 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate; Postgraduate (Research)|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year; Continuing (2nd year or greater); 3rd year or greater|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; International; New Zealand Citizen|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; South Sea Islander; Torres Strait Islander|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
- Be intending to enrol or being enrolled in a Bachelor or Research Higher Degree at CQUniversity in Term 1 2018;
- Be studying in the Bundaberg Region ‐ either studying on campus in Bundaberg; or from home in the Bundaberg region and studying through distance education;
- Be community minded/active citizen and be able to demonstrate a strong involvement in the Bundaberg community;
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship.
Each applicant will be asked to provide a completed standard CQUniversity scholarship application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following criteria:
- How will this scholarship assist you to be what you want to be?
- What community issues are you contributing to at present in Bundaberg (e.g., through study, volunteering)? Attach documentation (eg letter of support).
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payment will be for $1,500 and credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
Applicants must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- Evidence of community involvement (letters confirming participation or certificates from charity or volunteer work)
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines to check for eligibility and documentation required
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) click here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
All eligible Scholarship applications will be submitted to a Selection Panel comprised of one representative from each of the following partners: IMPACT, Regional Housing Ltd, Phoenix House and CQUniversity. The Panel will be responsible for determining the successful recipient and advising the successful and unsuccessful student names within four (4) weeks of the Scholarship application closing date. The scholarship will only be awarded if there is an applicant of suitable merit.
IMPACT Community Services (IMPACT), Regional Housing Ltd and Phoenix House
This scholarship is provided by IMPACT Community Services (IMPACT), Regional Housing Ltd and Phoenix House, in partnership with CQUniversity.