HealthX Rural Nursing Scholarship
The Scholarship will provide recognition and financial assistance to one mature student enrolled into CQUniversity Bachelor of Nursing or Graduate Certificate in Nursing (re-entry) through online study.
Scholarship Value: $3,000
Length of Scholarship: One off payment
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 24 April 2017
Closing Date: 23 June 2017
|Study Level||Bachelor; Graduate Certificate; Undergraduate; Postgraduate (Course work)|
|Year of Study||First Year; Continuing (2nd year or greater); 3rd year or greater|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; South Sea Islander; Torres Strait Islander|
|Study Mode||Online Study|
|Study Load||All loads|
- Be enrolled in 2017 into CQUniversity Bachelor of Nursing or Graduate Certificate in Nursing (re-entry) through online study;
- Be residing or studying in a regional or rural area;
- Be 25 years old or over. Preference will be given to applicants with prior nursing experience who are looking at re‐registering or obtaining higher qualifications in nursing studies;
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship.
* Must have a permanent home address in Australia
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following criteria:
- How the Scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives, such as helping with travel or accommodation costs associated to your studies?
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of Scholarship
Payment will be made to the successful applicant after Census Date of Term 2 2017. Payment will be $3,000 and credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
Written Statement - refer to scholarship Selection Criteria
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines to check for eligibility and documentation required
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
Selection of the successful recipients will be determined by a selection panel made of HealthX and CQUniversity representatives. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.