HealthX Rural Nursing Scholarship
The Scholarship will provide recognition and financial assistance to a student studying a Bachelor of Nursing through distance education.
Scholarship Value: $5,000 ($1,250/term in Terms 1 & 2)
Length of Scholarship: 2 (two) years
Opening Date: 15 October 2018
Closing Date: 11 January 2019
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year; 2nd year; 3rd year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; International; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Region||Northern Territory; New South Wales; Queensland; South Australia; Tasmania; Victoria; Western Australia|
|Study Mode||Online Study|
|Study Load||All loads|
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2019
- Be studying a Bachelor of Nursing, via distance education
- Be enrolled with a study load of at least 12 credit points each term
- Be residing or studying in a community classified as Inner Regional, Outer Regional, Remote or Very Remote by the Australian Government
- To confirm if your address is likely to fit this criteria, please refer to the following Australian Government resource - http://www.doctorconnect.gov.au/internet/otd/Publishing.nsf/Content/locator
- Be enrolled at Census date Term 1, 2019
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship.
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives;
- Extracurricular activities – especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership:
- Life experiences
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships Program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of Scholarship
Payment will be made to the successful applicant after Census date each term. Payments of $1,250 will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievement or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) click here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
Selection of the successful recipients will be determined by a selection panel made of HealthX and CQUniversity representatives. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.