Errol and Berenice Payne 50th Anniversary Scholarship
This scholarship marks and celebrates the 50th Anniversary of the establishment of the Queensland Institute of Technology (Capricornia) on 1st January 1967 which, for the first time, provided the opportunity for Central Queensland students to undertake tertiary studies within their communities. The scholarship also recognises and celebrates the subsequent 50 years of continuous development leading to CQUniversity as it is today. The Scholarship also provides recognition and financial assistance (annually) to a deserving student enrolled in CQUniversity’s Bachelor of Sciences (Honours) course.
Scholarship Value: $5,000 ($2,500/term in Terms 1 & 2)
Length of Scholarship: 1 (One) year
Number Available: 1 (one)
Opening Date: 11 September 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||First Year; Continuing (2nd year or greater)|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive The Errol & Berenice Payne 50th Anniversary Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in CQUniversity’s Bachelor of Sciences (Honours) course in 2018
- Have completed a CQUniversity Bachelor course (any disciplines)
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission addressing the following:
- How will this Scholarship help you to be what you want to be?
- How will this Scholarship help you to achieve your research project and educational/career goals?
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
In addition to the eligibility requirements, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date of each term
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 and Term 2 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payments will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
- Written submission
To apply for the The Errol & Berenice Payne 50th Anniversary Scholarship:
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines to check for eligibility and documentation required
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
Selection of the successful recipient will be determined by a selection panel made of representatives from CQUniversity. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.