Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development Secretary's Scholarship
To provide assistance to a deserving student enrolled in an Honours Year of an Engineering or Information Technology course and involved in a research project aligned with the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development’s portfolio.
Scholarship Value: $5,000
Length of Scholarship: Once off
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 15 October 2018
Closing Date: 11 January 2019
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Final/4th year|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||Full time|
To be eligible to receive the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development Secretary's Scholarship an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2019
- Be studying in the final year (Honours) of either a:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours)
- Be undertaking research into an area of interest of the Infrastructure and Regional Development portfolio (transport, aviation, economic development, ports, water, rail or road infrastructure)
- Be enrolled with a full-time term study load (18 credit points or more)
- Be an Australian citizen with a permanent home address in Australia
- Be enrolled as at Census date Term 1, 2019
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed on the application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives
- Extracurricular activities – especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
The Scholars will need to share with the Department a high quality research paper, aligned to the work of the Donor at the end of the year. The Scholars' research papers will be reviewed by the Donor.
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of the Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census date Term 1 2019 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payment will be for $5,000 and credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
Applicants must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
To apply for the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development Secretary's Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) click here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from the Department of Environmental & Heritage Protection and CQUniversity will be formed to determine the successful applicant in each instance. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development
The Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development is responsible for the design and implementation of the Australian Government's infrastructure, transport and regional development policies and programmes. The Department:
- promotes, evaluates, plans and invests in infrastructure and regional development
- fosters an efficient, sustainable, competitive, safe and secure transport system
- facilitates local partnerships between all levels of government and local communities
- provides good governance in the Australian territories.