Capricorn Investment Partners Scholarship
This scholarship will provide recognition, financial assistance and work placement to a deserving student enrolled in a Bachelor degree focusing on business & financial management
Scholarship Value: $2,000 (The recipient may also be selected to complete paid work experience with a donor organisation)
Length of Scholarship: One off payment
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 11 September 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year; Continuing (2nd year or greater); 3rd year or greater|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the Capricorn Investment Partners Scholarship an applicant must:
- Be enrolled or enrolling in a Bachelor degree in Business / Finance / Management / Accounting in Term 1 2018
- Have a residential postcode in the Rockhampton region
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be enrolled at CQUniversity at the time of Census Date Term 1 2018
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship.
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission addressing the following:
- How will this scholarship assist you to be what you want to be?
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of the Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payment will be for $2,000 and credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
Applicants must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievement (school reports, academic records)
To apply for the Capricorn Investment Partners Scholarship:
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines to check for eligibility and documentation required
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from Capricorn Investment Partners and CQUniversity will be formed to determine the successful applicant in each instance. Interviews may be requested. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Capricorn Investment Partners
We know it's easy to get lost in what a financial services company has to offer, which is why we have kept our ethos simple. We place great value on our solid reputation and believe our duty is your future.
We simply rely on our integrity and experience as the foundation of our business, and look forward to working as your partners in planning.
We are proud to offer solid financial advice to our clients and treat our dealings with them as healthy relationships. Unlike many companies in our field, our service goes beyond your portfolio and reflects the relationship of a true partnership. It's something that comes naturally to us. https://www.capinvest.com.au/index.aspx