Auswide Bank Scholarship
To support deserving third year students enrolled at the Bundaberg campus in 2018 in a Bachelor of Business or Bachelor Accounting/Finance course
Scholarship Value: $5,000 ($2,500/ term for Terms 1 & 2)
Length of Scholarship: 1 (One) Year
Number Available: 3 (Three)
Opening Date: 11 September 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||3rd year or greater|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Study Load||Full time|
To be eligible to receive The Auswide Bank Scholarship an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing in their third year of study at CQUniversity in Term 1 2018 in a Business or Finance/Accounting Bachelor degree
- Be studying a full-time term course load (18 credit points or more) in Terms 1 & 2 2018
- Be enrolled at the CQUniversity Bundaberg campus
- An Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa*
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
* Must have a permanent home address in Australia
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form, supporting documentation and a written submission addressing the following:
- How will this Scholarship help you achieve your educational/career aspirations?
While it is not mandatory, it is encouraged that recipients of the Auswide Bank Scholarship undertake any work placements they may have as part of their degree at Auswide Bank.
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships Program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 and Term 2 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payments will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled with a full-time study load as at Census Date in Term 2
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
- Written submission
- Evidence of previous academic achievement (e.g. certificates and school results) and/or a University Unofficial Academic Transcript
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines to check for eligibility and documentation required
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from Auswide Bank and CQUniversity will be formed to determine the successful applicants in each instance. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Auswide Bank is helping Australians achieve home ownership, create wealth, access banking & financial services that make their life easier and help them to protect their assets and loved ones from financial loss or hardship.
Auswide Bank has been around for nearly 50 years and provides an extensive range of personal and business banking products and services issued directly or in partnership with leading service providers via branches, strategic relationships and online & digital channels. www.auswidebank.com.au