Arrow Energy Go Further Indigenous Scholarship
This scholarship is to provide assistance and support to Indigenous students studying in any discipline and in any year of study at CQUniversity.
Scholarship Value: Up to $10,000 ($5,000 in Term 1 and $5,000 in Term 2)^
Length of Scholarship: One year
Number Available: One (1)
Opening Date: 11 September 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Study Level||Undergraduate; Postgraduate (Course work); Bachelor; Masters|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year; Continuing (2nd year or greater); 3rd year or greater|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive The Arrow Energy Go Further Indigenous Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Studying in an Bachelor of higher degree at CQUniversity in Term 1 2018
- Enrolled at CQUniversity at the time of Census date
- An Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded* Scholarship
- Be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
*Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form, written submission and supporting documentation (certificates, school results, community involvement information) addressing the following:
- Community involvement; career aspirations; interests; drive; ability to overcome adversity (30%)
- How will this scholarship benefit an applicants and impact positively on their studies? (30%)
Please note: Percentages indicated reflect selection weightings
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicant/s must:
- Maintain at least a GPA of 4.0 throughout the duration of their scholarship
- Maintain the same study load for which they were awarded the scholarship
- As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day
- Apply to the scholarship panel for approval should they need or wish to suspend their scholarship for one or more terms, (maximum one academic year)
(Note: Support is available from the Indigenous Tutorial Assistance Scheme (ITAS) and the Academic Learning Centre, and students will be encouraged to use this service throughout their program).
Payment of the Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 and Term 2 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payment amount is based on study load as follows:
- $5,000/term full-time term study load (18 credit points or more)
- $2,500/term part-time term study load (12 credit points or less)
Payments will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission (60%) - please see selection criteria
- Evidence that the student identifies with one of Traditional Owner groups to whom Arrow Energy has capacity obligations i.e. Barada Barna, Barunggam, Bigambul, Birri, Cobble Cobble, Emon/Iman, Jangga, Jarowair / Yarowair, Kambuwal, Mandandanji, Northern Gomeroi / Gomeroi, Wiri, Wakka Wakka / Western Wakka Wakka, Yetimarala (if applicable) (10%)
- Evidence of previous Academic Achievements (30%)
- a high quality photo of the applicant and a talent release form authorizing the use of the students image by Arrow Energy
- Proof of Aboriginality and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- Evidence of significant community leadership/participation
To apply for the Arrow Energy Go Further Indigenous Scholarship:
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines to check for eligibility and documentation required
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from Arrow Energy Ltd and CQUniversity will meet to shortlist the applications. Short-listed applicant will be contacted to participate in an interview with the selection panel. A scholarship will only be offered where there are applicants of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection process has been finalised.
Arrow Energy Ltd
Arrow is committed to supporting better educational outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.