Sarina Community Bank® Branch Bendigo Bank Scholarship
This scholarship provides recognition and financial assistance to a deserving students from the Sarina/Mackay region who is studying a business or business related course.
Scholarship Value: Up to $6,000
Length of Scholarship: Three (3) years
Opening Date: 15 October 2018
Closing Date: 11 January 2019
|Study Level||Associate Degree; Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Sarina Community Bank Branch Bendigo Bank Scholarship an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2019
- Be commencing their first year of study
- Be studying a Bachelor, Associate Degree or dual degree under the School of Business and Law
- Students studying either a Bachelor of Digital Media or Bachelor of Information Technology are also eligible to apply.
- Maintain a term study load of at least 12 credit points
- Have a residential address within Sarina / Mackay region (postcode within 4737-4803)
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder*
- Be enrolled at Census date Term 1, 2019
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form, academic performance during first year studies and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicant/s must:
- Maintain at least a GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled as at Census date with a study load of at least 12 credit points each term (Terms 1 & 2 only)
- As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships Program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Please note that failure to meet the ongoing eligibility criteria may result in the scholarship being revoked.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census date Term 1 2019 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 and Term 2 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payments will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievement or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
To apply for the CQUniCares Sarina Community Bank Branch Bendigo Bank Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from Sarina Community Bank ® Branch Bendigo Bank will be formed to determine the successful applicants. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Sarina Community Bank® Branch Bendigo Bank
SarinaCommunity Bank® Branch of Bendigo Bank is operated by Sarina and District Community Financial Services Limited (S&DCFSL) which is locally owned company. Apart from being locally owned a key feature of the unique Community Bank® is that up to 80 percent of profits are available to be invested in the local community. We are proud to invest in our community through the Community Engagement Program. Since opening in 2005, over $1 million has been in invested (from profits) in Sarina and district community through community grants, sponsorship, scholarship and donations. Our overarching aim of this community investment is to influence positive change in the community.The Sarina Community Bank® Branch Bendigo Bank Scholarship and Ambassadorships are a part of this program with the aim of encouraging education and development of expertise through the study of higher education and more broadly to ultimately benefit the community.