Rotary Club of Mackay North Inc Scholarship
This scholarship is provided by the Rotary Club of Mackay North and supports a student who intends on making a positive change to society, through their future careers, which are closely aligned to the areas of interest of Rotary such as improvement of health, clean water, rural development, youth and education.
Scholarship Value: $2,000
Length of Scholarship: Once off
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 15 October 2018
Closing Date: 11 January 2019
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year; 2nd year; 3rd year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the Rotary Club of Mackay North Inc. Scholarship an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity Term 1, 2019
- Be studying in a Bachelor course in one of the following course areas:
- Science or
- Have a residential address in the Mackay region (4737-4803)
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa*
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
Scholarship recipients will be invited to attend a Rotary Club of Mackay North meeting, to introduce themselves to the club members, and provide a short introductory speech.
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of the Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census date Term 1 2019 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payment will be for $2,000 and credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
To apply for the Rotary Club of Mackay North Inc. Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) click here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
Rotary Club of Mackay North will determine the recipient of the scholarships. Eligible applications will be shortlisted by Rotary and may be invited to attend an interview with Rotary members.