Helene Jones Memorial Scholarship
A scholarship for Music students at CQUniversity. The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage students who promote music at the university. The scholarship is funded and provided in the memory of Helene Jones, who was a prominent character in Rockhampton's musical history.
Scholarship Value: Up to $6,000 ($1,000/term in Terms 1 & 2)
Length of Scholarship: Up to 3 (Three) years
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 11 September 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive The Helene Jones Memorial Scholarship an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a commencing student in a Bachelor of Music (CG51) course at the Mackay Conservatorium of Music in Term 1 2018
- Enrolled at CQUniversity at Census Date of Term 1 2018
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
* Must have a permanent home address in Australia
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission addressing the following:
- How this scholarship will assist you to be what you want to be?
In addition to the eligibility requirements, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain at a minimum average GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census Date of each Term (terms 1 & 2 only)
- As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day
Payment of the Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 and Term 2 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payments will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
- Written submission
To apply for the Helene Jones Memorial Scholarship:
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines to check for eligibility and documentation required
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from CQUniversity will be formed to determine the successful applicant in each instance. A scholarship will only be offered where there are applicants of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Helene Jones Trust
Helene Jones was a great supporter of the arts and education as well as a cherished member of the Rockhampton community. In 1996 she was awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia for service to community music. As a valued friend and supporter of CQUniversity, Helene left a legacy to continue supporting future music students to enable them to fulfil their dreams and passions as she was able to.