Eldon and Anne Foote Scholarship
This scholarship encourages Queensland and New South Wales based students to enter a health-related Bachelor course at CQUniversity.
Scholarship Value: Up to $5,000
Length of Scholarship: 1 (One) year
Number Available: 8 (Eight) full-time scholarships or a combination of equivalent part-time scholarships
Opening Date: 11 September 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander; South Sea Islander; Non Indigenous|
|Study Region||Biloela; Brisbane; Bundaberg; Cairns; Emerald; Gladstone; Mackay; Noosa; Rockhampton; Sydney; Townsville; Yeppoon|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the Eldon and Anne Foote Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intend to enrol, as a first year student, in a CQUniversity health related Bachelor degree in Term 1, 2018
- Reside in either Queensland or New South Wales
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
Students from financially disadvantaged backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an Application Form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
"How will this scholarship assist you to be what you want to be?"
Students who due to their socio-economic, cultural or family background or from a regional or rural area, who would be unlikely or unable to access a university education without additional financial support will be favoured.
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
In addition to the eligibility requirements, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date of each term
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 and Term 2 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payment amount is based on study load as follows:
$2.500/term full-time term study load (18 credit points or more)
$1,250/term part-time term study load (12 credit points or less)
Payments will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
- Written submission
- Evidence of low income (where applicable). Possible required documents:
- Centrelink Income Statement – current (How to obtain a Centrelink Income Statement)
- 3 current payslips – including partner’s income if partnered or parent/s if you are under 22 years of age
- Latest Notice of Assessment (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- Most recent Tax Return (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- 3 months of personal or business bank account statements
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines to check for eligibility and documentation required
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from CQUniversity will be formed to determine the successful applicants. A scholarship will only be offered where there is sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Eldon and Anne Foote
Scholarships funded by Lord Mayor's Charitable Foundation through the Eldon & Anne Foote Trust. For more info, please visit: www.lmcf.org.au