Dr Phillip Donaldson Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship will provide recognition and financial assistance to one deserving CQUniversity student residing in Bundaberg. This scholarship is in honour of Dr Donaldson's life and achievements, and it recognises his contribution as an inspiring teacher and gifted researcher to the development of CQUniversity and the Bundaberg region.
Scholarship Value: $5,000 ($2,500/ Term for terms 1 & 2 )
Length of Scholarship: One Year
Number Available: 1 (one)
Opening Date: 11 September 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Year of Study||Future/First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; International; New Zealand Citizen|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander; South Sea Islander; Non Indigenous|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive The Dr Phillip Donaldson Memorial Scholarship an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing in their first term of study in a Bachelor degree at CQUniversity in Term 1 2018
- Have a residential post code in Bundaberg (4670)
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form, supporting documentation (as listed below) and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- How will this Scholarship help you achieve your educational/career aspirations?
The scholarship recipient agrees to the key road principles promoted as part of the 'Join the Drive to Save Lives' campaign organised by the Queensland as part of Road Safety Week. For more information, please visit www.jointhedrive.qld.gov.au.
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
In addition to the eligibility requirements, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled int he course as at Census Date of each term
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 and Term 2 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payments will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
- Written submission
- Evidence of previous academic achievement (school certificates and school results)
To apply for the Dr Phillip Donaldson Memorial Scholarship:
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines to check for eligibility and documentation required
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from CQUniversity will be formed to determine the successful applicants in each instance. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Family and friends of the late Dr Phillip Donaldson.