Dr John Allen Memorial Scholarship
Dr John Allen AM, was instrumental in founding the Conservatorium in Mackay and was an active patron and supporter. This scholarship is provided by the Conservatorium Friends in his memory. The scholarship supports a music and theatre student studying at the Conservatorium of Music in Mackay.
Scholarship Value: $2,000
Length of Scholarship: One off payment
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 11 September 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year; 2nd year; 3rd year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Load||Full time|
To be eligible to receive the Dr John Allen Memorial Scholarship an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be studying a Bachelor of Music (CG51) or Bachelor of Theatre (CG72) internally at the CQUni Mackay Campus – Conservatorium of Music
- Enrolled at CQUniversity at Census Date of Term 1 2018
- Be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa*
- Be studying a full-time course load (18 credit points or more) in Term 1 2018
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
* Must have a permanent home address in Australia
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- How will this scholarship assist you to be what you want to be?
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of the Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 following final post Census date eligibility checks.. Payment will be for $2,000 and credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
Applicants must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
To apply for The
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Complete Applications must be received by the Student Life and Wellbeing Centre, Scholarships Office by 5pm on the closing date.
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from CQUniversity will be formed to determine the successful applicant in each instance. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
The Conservatorium Friends are community members who give their support to our Conservatorium students. They provide funds to assist students with:
- campus projects
- sponsorship of visiting artists
- student bursaries and activities
- student prizes
Our Conservatorium Friends' activities include:
- Building community interest in and support for the Conservatorium
- Promoting student events by organising refreshments and assist with advertising of Central Queensland Conservatorium of Music (CQCM) events
- Donating gifts to improve the Conservatorium facilities
- Assisting in getting instruments, scores, works of art, theatre props, costumes for the Conservatorium
- Organising fund raising dinners with entertainment provided by Conservatorium staff and students