CQUniCares Techserve Scholarship
This scholarship will provide recognition and financial assistance to a second year undergraduate student enrolled in either Engineering, Business, Occupational Health and Safety or accident Forensics. The selected Scholar must be willing to travel to Mackay for work placement opportunities with Techserve for 4-6 weeks.
Scholarship Value: $5,000 ($1,250/term in Terms 1 & 2)
Length of Scholarship: 2 (two) years
Opening Date: 15 October 2018
Closing Date: 11 January 2019
|Study Level||Associate Degree; Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||2nd year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Techserve Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2019
- Be a 2nd year student in one of the following courses:
- Any Engineering related undergraduate course
- Any Business related undergraduate course
- Associate Degree of Occupational Health and Safety
- Bachelor of Occupational Health and Safety
- Bachelor of Accident Forensics
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa* with a permanent home address in Australia
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
It is an expectation that the recipient will travel to Mackay for placement opportunities with Techserve for 4-6 weeks.
** Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity student, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity and CQUniCares Techserve Scholarship by sharing your experience as a recipient through media and at events organised by CQUniversity or the Trust.
Expectations of Successful Applicant
It is an expectation that the selected applicant will travel Mackay for placement opportunities with Techserve for 4-6 weeks.
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum average GPA 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date of each term
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2019 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of each term of study following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payments of $1,250 will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) click here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from CQUniversity and Techserve will be formed to determine the successful applicants. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Techserve is a leading provider of contract engineering services and high quality personnel to the mining, resources and industrial sectors. Established in 2001, the company continues to grow and diversify as a multi-resourceful and highly skilled organisation. www.techserve.com.au