CQUniCares Mary Carroll Scholarship
These scholarships will provide recognition and financial assistance to two deserving students enrolled in CQUniversity Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood).
Scholarship Value: Up to $15,000
Length of Scholarship: Up to 4 (four) years for full-time students or Up to 8 (eight) years for part-time students
Number Available: 2 (two)
Opening Date: 18 December 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; International; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Mary Carroll Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be entering into their first year of study in Term 1, 2018
- Be studying a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- Be enrolled at CQUniversity at the time of Census date in Term 1, 2018
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded* Scholarship
*Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships).
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission (of no more than 500 words) addressing the following:
- Describe your career/education goals; and
- How this scholarship will help me to achieve my career/educational goals
In addition to the eligibility requirements, the successful applicants must:
* Maintain a minimum average GPA of 4.0 each term;
* Remain enrolled in the course as at Census Date of each term.
As a donor-funded scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicants are required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
Payments will be made to the successful applicants in Week 6 after final post Census date eligibility checks each term. Payments will be credited electronically to the students’ nominated bank accounts.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- A copy of their current CV
- Evidence of Academic Achievement
To apply for the CQUniCares Mary Carroll Scholarship:
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines to check for eligibility and documentation required Complete Applications must be received at the Student Life and Wellbeing Centre, Scholarships Office by 5pm on the closing date.
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of Mrs Mary Carroll and representatives from CQUniversity will be formed to determine the successful applicants. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.