CQUniCares Downer Scholarship
This scholarship will provide recognition and financial assistance for up to four years (full-time students) and eight years (part-time students) to two female first year and two female second year students studying Engineering, Construction Management, Environmental or Science related courses at CQUniversity.
Scholarship Value: Up to $12,000
Length of Scholarship: Duration of Course
Number Available: 4
Opening Date: 11 September 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Study Level||Associate Degree; Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year; Continuing (2nd year or greater)|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Downer Scholarship an applicant must:
- Be entering into their first or second year of study in Term 1, 2018.
- Be a female student studying full-time or part-time in one of the following courses:
- Associate Degree of Building Design
- Associate Degree of Building Surveying
- Bachelor of Construction
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Diploma of Professional Practice (Co-op)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Specialisation)
- Bachelor of Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Be enrolled at CQUniversity at the time of Census Date in Term 1, 2018
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded* Scholarship
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
*Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission (of no more than 500 words) addressing the following:
- Describe your career/education goals; and
- How this scholarship will help me to achieve my career/educational goals
Expectations of Successful Applicant
The selected Scholars will be expected to work at Downer during their studies (paid work experience / vacation employment) and during two years after their Graduation (Graduate program). The students’ ability and desire to do this will be assessed by Downer during selection stage. Downer may enter into a direct agreement with the Scholars prior to a Scholarship offer being made.
As a donor- funded scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 5.0 each Term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census Date of each Term (Terms 1 & 2 only)
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 after final post Census date eligibility checks each term. Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account and are based on study load each term as follows:
- $1,500/term based on full-time study (18 credits or more per term)
- $750/term based on part time study (12 credits or less per term)
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- Current resume/curriculum vitae
- Current University transcript (unofficial transcript accepted)
To apply for the CQUniCares Downer Scholarship:
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Complete Applications must be received by the Student Life and Wellbeing Centre, Scholarships Office by 5pm on the closing date.
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from CQUniversity and Downer will be formed to determine the successful applicants. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Downer was established over a century ago as a trusted engineering services company. Today, our workforce of over 19,000 people across Australia and New Zealand delivers a wide range of services for our customers in the infrastructure, transport, utilities, technology and communications, engineering, construction, maintenance and mining sectors.
At Downer, customer relationships are at the heart of everything we do. We also recognise that successful relationships are built on the back of committed and driven employees. For this reason, we are passionate about building an organisation that attracts and encourages employees to deliver their very best.
Downer website link: http://www.downergroup.com