CQUniCares Downer Scholarship
This scholarship will provide recognition and financial assistance to first or second year undergraduate students enrolled in eligible Engineering and Sciences courses. The selected Scholars will be expected to travel within Australia for work experience and employment placement opportunities with Downer for an agreed amount of time with Downer.
Scholarship Value: Up to $10,000 + paid work experience
Length of Scholarship: 2 (two) Years
Opening Date: 23 October 2018
Closing Date: 11 January 2019
|Study Level||Associate Degree; Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year; 2nd year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Downer Scholarship an applicant must:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2019
- Be a 1st or 2nd year student in one of the following courses:
- Associate Degree of Building Design
- Associate Degree of Building Surveying
- Associate Degree of Engineering
- Bachelor of Building
- Bachelor of Building Surveying and Certification (Honours)
- Bachelor of Construction
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Diploma of Professional Practice (Co-op Engineering)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Specialisation)
- Bachelor of Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa with a permanent home address in Australia
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
Applications from female students, students with low personal/family income, and Indigenous students are preferred and will be considered favourably.
*Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on the application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following criteria:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your education objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
Expectations of Successful Applicant
The selected Scholars are expected to work at Downer during their studies (paid work experience / vacation employment) and for two years after their Graduation (Graduate program). The students’ ability and desire to do this will be assessed by Downer during selection stage. Downer to enter into a direct agreement with the Scholars.
As a donor- funded scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census Date of each term (Terms 1 & 2 only)
Please note that failure to meet the continuing eligibility criteria may result in the Scholarship being revoked.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census date Term 1 2019 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of each term of study following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payments are based on study load each term as follows:
$2,500/term based on a full time study load (18 credit points per term or more)
$1,250/term based on a part time study load of (12 credit points or less)
Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- Current resume/curriculum vitae
- Current University transcript (unofficial transcript accepted)
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) click here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from CQUniversity and Downer will be formed to determine the successful applicants. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Downer was established over a century ago as a trusted engineering services company. Today, our workforce of over 19,000 people across Australia and New Zealand delivers a wide range of services for our customers in the infrastructure, transport, utilities, technology and communications, engineering, construction, maintenance and mining sectors.
At Downer, customer relationships are at the heart of everything we do. We also recognise that successful relationships are built on the back of committed and driven employees. For this reason, we are passionate about building an organisation that attracts and encourages employees to deliver their very best.
Downer website link: http://www.downergroup.com