ConocoPhillips SPIRIT Scholarship for Engineering
This scholarship is to support a second year full-time Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical) student attending Rockhampton, Gladstone, Bundaberg or Mackay or residing in the surrounding areas studying via distance education.
Scholarship Value: $5,000 ($2,500/ Term for terms 1 & 2)
Length of Scholarship: One Year
Number Available: 1 (one)
Opening Date: 12 September 2016
Closing Date: 06 November 2016
|Year of Study||Continuing (2nd year or greater)|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander; South Sea Islander; Non Indigenous|
|Study Region||Bundaberg; Gladstone; Mackay; Rockhampton|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||Full time|
To be eligible to receive The ConocoPhillips SPIRIT Scholarship for Engineering, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a CQUniversity student in the second year^ of a Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical) with or without Honours in Term 1, 2017
- Be studying a full-time term course load (18 credit points or more) in Terms 1 & 2 2017
- Be studying on one of the following CQUniversity campuses (Rockhampton, Gladstone, Bundaberg or Mackay) or residing in surrounding areas studying via distance education.
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa*
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
^ second year refers second level studies within a program not duration of study for an applicant
* Must have a permanent home address in Australia
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form, supporting documentation (as listed below) and a written submission of no more than 400 words addressing the following:
- How will this Scholarship help you achieve your educational/career aspirations?
Applicants need to provide with their application:
- Evidence of previous academic achievement (e.g. certificates and school results)
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicant/s must:
- Maintain at least a GPA of 4.0 throughout the duration of their degree
- Remain enrolled in the program as at Census Date of each Term (terms 1 & 2 only)
- As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
- Includes an expenses paid (travel, accommodation and reasonable living expenses) site visit of up to 5 days duration to a ConocoPhillips operational centre during the mid-year or year end University break. There is also an option for mentoring from a ConocoPhillips Engineer for the duration of the Scholarship
The first instalment ($2,500) will be made to the successful applicant after Census Date of Term 1, 2017 and credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account. The second instalment ($2,500) will be paid to the Scholar after Census Date of Term 2, 2017 provided the Scholar has achieved satisfactory academic achievements in Term 1, 2017.
In addition to the written submission - refer Selection Criteria, Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Evidence of previous Academic Achievement
To apply for the ConocoPhillips SPIRIT Scholarship for Engineering:
1. Read the Scholarship Guidelines
2. Complete a Scholarship Application Form
3. Ensure all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
4. Submit your Scholarship Application to the Student Success Centre by the closing date – refer to the Scholarship Application Form for submission options
Please Note: Complete Applications must be received at the Student Success Centre, Scholarships Office by the closing date.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
Selection of the successful recipient will be determined by a selection panel made of representatives from ConocoPhillips Australia Pty Ltd and CQUniversity. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
ConocoPhillips Australia Pty Ltd
ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent exploration andproduction company based on proved reserves and production of liquids andnatural gas. In Australia, ConocoPhillips has an exciting portfolio of assetsincluding the Australia Pacific LNG Facility in Gladstone, Queensland, theBayu-Undan Field in the Timor Sea, and the Darwin LNG Facility in the NorthernTerritory. A commitment to safety, operating excellence and environmentalstewardship guide the Company’s operations.
ConocoPhillips is committed to supporting the education of futureengineering professionals through financial awards and developmentopportunities.