ConocoPhillips SPIRIT Scholarship for Engineering
This scholarship is to support a second year full-time Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical) student attending Rockhampton, Gladstone, Bundaberg or Mackay or residing in the surrounding areas studying via distance education.
Scholarship Value: $5,000 ($2,500/ Term for terms 1 & 2)
Length of Scholarship: One Year
Number Available: 1 (one)
Opening Date: 11 September 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Year of Study||Continuing (2nd year or greater)|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander; South Sea Islander; Non Indigenous|
|Study Region||Bundaberg; Gladstone; Mackay; Rockhampton|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||Full time|
To be eligible to receive The ConocoPhillips SPIRIT Scholarship for Engineering, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a CQUniversity student in the second year^ of a Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical) with or without Honours in Term 1, 2018
- Be studying a full-time term study load (18 credit points or more) in Terms 1 & 2, 2018
- Be studying on one of the following CQUniversity campuses (Rockhampton, Gladstone, Bundaberg or Mackay) or residing in surrounding areas studying via distance education.
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa*
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
^ second year refers second level studies within a course not duration of study for an applicant
* Must have a permanent home address in Australia
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form, academic performance during first year studies and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- How will this Scholarship help you achieve your educational/career aspirations?
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicant/s must:
- Maintain at least a GPA of 4.0 throughout the duration of their degree
- Remain enrolled with a full-time study load at Census Date of each term (terms 1 & 2 only)
- As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships Program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
- Includes an expenses paid (travel, accommodation and reasonable living expenses) site visit of up to 5 days duration to a ConocoPhillips operational centre during the mid-year or year end University break. There is also an option for mentoring from a ConocoPhillips Engineer for the duration of the Scholarship. This will be negotiated between the successful applicant and ConocoPhillips Australia Pty Ltd.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 and Term 2 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payments will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
- Written submission
- Evidence of previous academic achievement and/or University Unofficial Transcript
To apply for the ConocoPhillips SPIRIT Scholarship for Engineering:
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
Selection of the successful recipient will be determined by a selection panel made of representatives from ConocoPhillips Australia Pty Ltd and CQUniversity. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
ConocoPhillips Australia Pty Ltd
ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent exploration and production company based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. In Australia, ConocoPhillips has an exciting portfolio of assets including the Australia Pacific LNG Facility in Gladstone, Queensland, the Bayu-Undan Field in the Timor Sea, and the Darwin LNG Facility in the Northern Territory. A commitment to safety, operating excellence and environmental stewardship guide the Company’s operations.
ConocoPhillips is committed to supporting the education of future engineering professionals through financial awards and development opportunities.