RPAS (Drone) Safety Course - PDC59205
Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) or Drones as they are commonly known, are being used in industries like agriculture, mining, local government, police, surf lifesaving, surveying, forestry, defence and search and rescue, and are transforming the way they operate. This online Short Course provides an overview of the safety requirements when managing and operating a Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) or Drone whilst complying with the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) regulations.
The fee for this short course will be $175.00.
Standard Course StructureStudy Mode: OnlineDuration:
- Understand the basic operation of RPAS
- Identify potential dangers in RPAS operation
- Outline the laws and regulations as they apply to RPAS operation
- Describe the pre-flight and post-flight inspections required under the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) regulations
- Outline safety procedures in RPAS battery management.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work or study in the field of Drones.
This course provides Professional Development for a variety of professions where drones are utilised.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded 2 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours and a co-branded CQUniversity and UAV Training Australia Certificate of Completion.