Providing Basic Healthcare in the Disability Sector - PDC60410
Those with a disability may require various types of assistance from basic care needs to more complex needs. This online micro-credential is designed to assist both disability employees and carers with providing some of those needs. As an employee or carer you will be introduced to several aspects of personal care as well as developing skills for communicating with dignity and respect whilst providing quality health care. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
6 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
Those with a disability may require various types of assistance from basic care needs to more complex needs. This online micro-credential is designed to assist both disability employees and carers with providing some of those needs. The micro-credential introduces the employee or carer to several aspects of personal care as well as developing communicating with dignity and respect whilst providing health care.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
6 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Gain an understanding of clinical topics in:
- Skin Integrity
- PEG Care
- Catheter Management
- Bowel Care
- Management of Aspiration
- Assisting clients with Self-Administration of Medication
2. Understand the key principles underpinning the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) in Australia.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in the disability sector.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.