Online Marketing Strategies in Business - PDC73077
Digital technologies, globalisation, social media sites and instantaneous modes of communication have altered the landscape of traditional marketing. In some ways, strategic marketing has responded to these changes by shifting its focus to online media platforms. If you are interested in this area look no further. This micro-credential explores various forms of online marketing strategies and evaluates their effectiveness. New marketing strategies for online platforms that reflects the post-marketing world of the twenty-first century are described, along with new communication techniques and savvy marketing strategies that engage their customers as interlocutors of consumption and acknowledges and promotes a back-and-forth mode of communication. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
50 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
Digital technologies, globalisation, social media sites and instantaneous modes of communication have altered the landscape of traditional marketing. In some ways, strategic marketing has responded to these changes by shifting its focus to online media platforms. Such online marketing strategies are represented by the online proliferation of pop-up pages, paid listings, YouTube advertisements and auto-play videos. This online micro-credential will explore and assess some of these online marketing strategies. The micro-credential will evaluate their effectiveness and the level of antagonism they elicit in online media users. An exploration of new marketing strategies for online platforms that reflects the post-marketing world of the twenty-first century will be described. Marketing in an online, post-marketing world entails a new form of communication that veers away from traditional advertising techniques that are directed at passive consumers. Instead, savvy marketing strategies must focus on creating a conversation with their customers, engaging their customers as interlocutors of consumption, that acknowledges and promotes a back-and-forth mode of communication.
This online micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
50 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Identify how digital technologies, globalisation, social media sites and instantaneous modes of communication have altered the landscape of traditional marketing
- Describe the role of consumers in online strategic marketing through social media platforms
- Outline the key elements of contemporary marketing strategies which engage the consumer as a tactic to influence their purchasing behaviour.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements to enrol in this micro-credential , however, it is relevant to anyone who would like to complete studies in this field, in a flexible and self-paced environment.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential , students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.