Neuroeducation - PDC59428
We live in an exciting time of technology and neuroscience advancement. As educators, we need to capitalise on these new opportunities. The primary focus of educators is to quite literally change the brain of their students in a positive manner to promote both learning and wellness. If you are interested in topics such as teaching with the brain in mind, the neurobiology of the learning brain (specifically the adolescent brain), resilience development, neuroplasticity, and the plastic paradox, then this micro-credential is for you! As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
40 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
We live in an exciting time of technology and neuroscience advancement. As educators, we need to capitalise on these new opportunities. In this online micro-credential, you will gain contemporary insights into the brain that will inform your professional practice and underpin the development of optimal learning experiences. Topics include; teaching with the brain in mind, the neurobiology of the learning brain (specifically the adolescent brain), resilience development, neuroplasticity – examining too, the plastic paradox. You will also gain understandings of the neuroscience behind stretch goals and a growth mindset (Dweck, 2016) that can be used to enhance learning and wellness.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
40 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Review the significance of a growth mindset in learning
- Appraise ways to develop optimal learning experiences
- Critique contemporary research and understandings in Neuroeducation.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements to enrol in this micro-credential, however, it is relevant to anyone involved in education who would like to complete studies in a flexible and self-paced environment to gain neuroscientific insights to inform practices.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession.
Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.