Medication Administration and Error Reduction Practices - PDC51994
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) looking to progress your career and upskill your professional development towards leadership and mentoring roles? If so, this non-creditable micro-credential is what you’re looking for. You will cover pedagogical and andragogical approaches to teaching and learning, evaluate how teaching and learning preferences can impact in the coaching and mentoring relationship, and apply knowledge of adult learning theory to coaching and mentoring activities. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
4 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
In Australia, medications are administered on the order of doctors and dentists. However, in some situations specially qualified nurse practitioners or other advanced practice nurses may prescribe drugs. This online micro-credential introduces an understanding of the medications nurses administer and the correct way of administering medications to reduce errors.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Micro-credentialDuration: 4 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Recognise potential risks for error throughout medication administration procedures
- Identify the legal requirements of prescriptions, medication orders, and administration records
- Outline safe drug administration guidelines and processes.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this micro-credential should work in the healthcare profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.