Managing Teams in the Healthcare Setting - PDC54246
This online Short Course will provide students with an understanding of the healthcare manager’s role in developing and facilitating effective teams in the workplace. The course will enable managers to reflect on their roles in healthcare and to examine their responsibilities in relation to leading effective teams. It explores the elements of teamwork, tools to manage teams in healthcare and examines the variables that impact on teamwork.
The fee for this short course will be $240.00.
Standard Course StructureStudy Mode: OnlineDuration: 10 hours
- Review the elements of effective teams in healthcare
- Understand the terms management and leadership and how this relates to teamwork
- Examine skills for managing team cohesion
- Understand the healthcare manager’s role in innovation and change
- Discuss the notion of empowerment in regard to managing a team.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in the healthcare profession.
This course provides Professional Development for health professionals.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course students will be awarded 10 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours and a CQUniversity Certificate of Completion.