Managing Teams in the Healthcare Setting - PDC54246
Are you a manager in the healthcare field? If so, this micro-credential could be what you’re looking for! You will receive an understanding of the healthcare manager’s role in developing and facilitating effective teams in the workplace. You will learn strategies to reflect on your role in healthcare and examine your responsibilities in relation to leading effective teams. You will explore the elements of teamwork, tools to manage teams in healthcare, and the variables that impact on teamwork. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
10 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
This online micro-credential will provide students with an understanding of the healthcare manager’s role in developing and facilitating effective teams in the workplace. The micro-credential will enable managers to reflect on their roles in healthcare and to examine their responsibilities in relation to leading effective teams. It explores the elements of teamwork, tools to manage teams in healthcare and examines the variables that impact on teamwork.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Micro-CredentialDuration: 10 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Review the elements of effective teams in healthcare
- Understand the terms management and leadership and how this relates to teamwork
- Examine skills for managing team cohesion
- Understand the healthcare manager’s role in innovation and change
- Discuss the notion of empowerment in regard to managing a team.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in the healthcare profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.