Introduction to Cross Sector Partnering - PDC50240
This online Short Course forms part of the Partnering Essentials™ partnering skills program designed by DIXON Partnering Solutions.
The Introduction to Cross Sector Partnering course comprises of three (3) courses as follows:
- Why Partner?
- What is Partnering?
- How to Partner.
Why Partner? This course explores why Cross Sector Partnering is being adopted across the world as organisations seek to solve complex issues and challenges through new ways of working. In a rapidly changing world there is now clear recognition that we need to work differently if we are to survive and prosper. We are now seeing Business, Government, Education and Community coming together in many forms of partnering and collaboration to achieve greater impact than they can by themselves. Cross Sector Partnering is one such approach.
What is Partnering? This course explores what we mean by Cross Sector Partnering and unpacks the different type of partnering relationships that organisations can enter into. It also explores the value add that can be derived through these partnering relationships and assists with developing a common language around Cross Sector Partnering.
How to Partner. This course explores how to make Cross Sector Partnering work. It presents various models and frameworks to assist you in how to work with other organisations and in navigating a path through this process. The course highlights the foundational principles that need to be in place to ensure successful partnering that delivers results and reinforces the need to build partnerships one step at a time.
The fee for this short course will be $215.00.
Standard Course StructureStudy Mode: OnlineDuration: 6 hours
In this course you will gain an understanding of:
- Why Cross Sector Partnering is being adopted globally, nationally and locally to tackle complex issues and challenges
- What we mean by Cross Sector Partnering, the different types of partnering relationships and the value that can be added
- What it takes to partner effectively across the sectors, including key underlying principles, the critical components of Cross Sector Partnering and the DIXON Partnering Process
- How to get action and results from Cross Sector Partnering
- The role of partnership brokers in effective Cross Sector Partnering.
The Partnering Essentials™ online modules are designed for people at all levels within organisations who:
- Are directly involved in working with other organisations or sectors
- Are a partner in a Cross Sector Partnering initiative
- May be about to consider such a Cross Sector Partnering approach
- Are involved in a Collective Impact, Shared Value or Impact Investing initiative
- May wish to gain a greater understanding of Cross Sector Partnering – what it is, why we need it and how to make it work.
The Partnering Essentials™ online Short Courses are designed for people at all levels within organisations who (a) Are directly involved in working with other organisations or sectors (b) Are a partner in a Cross Sector Partnering initiative (c) May be about to consider such a Cross Sector Partnering approach (d) Are involved in a Collective Impact, Shared Value or Impact Investing initiative (e) May wish to gain a greater understanding of Cross Sector Partnering – what it is, why we need it and how to make it work.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded 6 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours and a co-branded CQUniversity and DIXON Partnering Solutions Certificate of Completion.