High Risk Medications - PDC51997
If you are a Registered Nurse, you would be aware that you require annual revision of drug administration calculations and an understanding of roles and responsibilities in administration. Medication errors have the potential to cause great harm, or even death and can be preventable at any point of administration. This online micro-credential is exactly what you need to review your responsibilities and the safe administration of high-risk medication. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
4 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
Registered nurses require annual revision of drug administration calculations and an understanding of roles and responsibilities in administration. Medication errors have the potential to cause great harm, or even death and can be preventable at any point of administration. This online micro-credential reviews and highlights the registered nurses' responsibilities and the safe administration of high risk medication.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Micro-credentialDuration: 4 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Identify the common higher risk medications used in Australian health facilities
- Recognise the type of potential errors that may occur during administration processes of high risk drugs
- Describe safe preparation practices for high risk drugs.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should be Registered Nurses.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.