Health Care Work in the Community - PDC20085
If you work in the community sector caring for others and are looking for an overview of domestic and personal care skills, then this micro-credential is for you. It covers safe medication support practices, risk factors in the home care Environment, hygiene and PPE, and manual handling and safe practice management, to name a few. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
10 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
This online micro-credential has been developed for personnel who work in the community sector caring for others. The micro-credential overviews domestic and personal care skills used in the community setting.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Micro-credentialDuration: 10 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Identify safe medication support practices
- Identify the common risk factors and safe management principles of falls reduction and prevention
- Recognise the importance of hand hygiene practices and personal protection equipment
- Outline the profound implications of healthy ageing
- Identify the standards developed to protect consumers, the workforce and organisations in Human Services in Australia
- Describe and identify manual handling risks and safe practice management
- Identify common risks and hazards in the home care environment.
This micro-credential comprises of the following 7 individually offered micro-credentials:
- Assisting Client's with Self-Medication
- Falls Prevention
- Hand Hygiene and Personal Protection Equipment
- Healthy Ageing - An Introduction
- Human Services Quality Standards
- Principles of Manual Handling, Mobility Equipment and Transfers
- Risk and Hazard Reduction with Common Services
These micro-credentials can be completed as individual micro-credentials or completed within this bundled micro-credential.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in the healthcare profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.