Health Care Work in the Community - PDC20085
This online Short Course has been developed for personnel who work in the community sector caring for others. The course overviews domestic and personal care skills used in the community setting.
The fee for this short course will be $240.00.
Standard Course StructureStudy Mode: OnlineDuration: 10 hours
- Identify safe medication support practices
- Identify the common risk factors and safe management principles of falls reduction and prevention
- Recognise the importance of hand hygiene practices and personal protection equipment
- Outline the profound implications of healthy ageing
- Identify the standards developed to protect consumers, the workforce and organisations in Human Services in Australia
- Describe and identify manual handling risks and safe practice management
- Identify common risks and hazards in the home care environment.
This course comprises of the following 7 short courses:
- Assisting Client's with Self-Medication
- Falls Prevention
- Hand Hygiene and Personal Protection Equipment
- Healthy Ageing - An Introduction
- Human Services Quality Standards
- Principles of Manual Handling, Mobility Equipment and Transfers
- Risk and Hazard Reduction with Common Services
These courses can be completed as individual courses or completed within this bundled course.