Health Care Work in the Community - PDC20085
If you work in the community sector caring for others and are looking for an overview of domestic and personal care skills, then this micro-credential is for you. It covers safe medication support practices, risk factors in the home care Environment, hygiene and PPE, and manual handling and safe practice management, to name a few. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
This online micro-credential has been developed for personnel who work in the community sector caring for others. The micro-credential overviews domestic and personal care skills used in the community setting.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Standard Micro-credential StructureDuration: 10 hours
- Identify safe medication support practices
- Identify the common risk factors and safe management principles of falls reduction and prevention
- Recognise the importance of hand hygiene practices and personal protection equipment
- Outline the profound implications of healthy ageing
- Identify the standards developed to protect consumers, the workforce and organisations in Human Services in Australia
- Describe and identify manual handling risks and safe practice management
- Identify common risks and hazards in the home care environment.
This course comprises of the following 7 short courses:
- Assisting Client's with Self-Medication
- Falls Prevention
- Hand Hygiene and Personal Protection Equipment
- Healthy Ageing - An Introduction
- Human Services Quality Standards
- Principles of Manual Handling, Mobility Equipment and Transfers
- Risk and Hazard Reduction with Common Services
These courses can be completed as individual courses or completed within this bundled course.