Graduate Certificate in Business Consulting - CM38
Whether your background is in information technology, finance, management or another field, leverage your commercial acumen and gain formal credentials in business consulting with CQUni's Graduate Certificate in Business Consulting. You will develop your knowlege of contemporary business consulting practices to undertake analysis, provide guidance and mentor organisations to effectively drive performance, efficiency and achieve business objectives. Benefit from the flexibility to choose an elective to suit your interests and learn more about organisational change management, business analytics, or project management.
0.5 years full-time, 1 years part-time
The Graduate Certificate in Business Consulting allows you to acquire academically rigorous knowledge of contemporary business consulting practices, principles, and tools and gain formal credentials to confidently work with clients in a business consultancy capacity.
This course will prepare you to undertake business analysis and provide expert advice, guidance and support to organisations who seek to implement change, identify and solve problems, or improve business strategies and operations. During your studies, you will gain key consulting skills across effective business communications, mentoring and leadership, problem solving, planning, and organisational analysis. Choose from three electives allowing you to tailor the course to suit your interests including organisational change management, business analytics, or project management. Upon completion, you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to join an established business consultancy or develop your own consulting business.
As a leader in online education, and with more than 40 years experience delivering distance education, you will benefit from the flexibility to study this course online, part-time.
|Core Units||3||Major Units||None|
You are required to complete three core units and one elective. This course can be studied part-time only based on current unit availabilities.
- BUSN20017 Effective Business Communications (Available for enrolment Term 1, Term 2 and Term 3)
- MGMT20149 Foundations of Business Consulting (2022 unit availabilities will be released soon)
- MGMT29004 Transformational Leadership and Mentoring (2022 unit availabilities will be released soon)
- MGMT20130 Operations Management and Business Analytics (Available for enrolment Term 2)
- HRMT20028 Organisational Change Management (Available for enrolment Term 2)
- PPMP20007 Project Management Concepts (Available for enrolment Term 1, Term 2 and Term 3)
For information on the units, you could study as part of this course, visit the Handbook and select the "Course Structure" tab.
CREDIT TRANSFER INFORMATION
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
BROAD COURSE OPTIONS
CQUniversity’s suite of postgraduate management and business degrees provides you with the versatility to study a course that is aligned to your learning needs.
If you are a business professional seeking a qualification to support your experience or you are seeking career advancement, then one of our study options will be a strong fit with your management and leadership aspirations.
Our postgraduate business management courses are designed to maximise your management and leadership potential.
- Graduate Certificate in Business Consulting (CM38)
- Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Sustainability (CM37)
- Graduate Certificate in Management (CH76)
- Master of Business Management (CL21)
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration (CC51)
- Graduate Diploma of Business Administration (CC52)
- Master of Business Administration (CL20)
- Graduate Diploma of Business Administration (Leadership) (CM08)
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration (Leadership) (CM07)
- Master of Business Administration Leadership (CL29)
FLEXIBLE STUDY OPTIONS
Our Graduate Certificate in Business Consulting is available to study online, part-time, giving you the flexibility to study in a way that suits you.
As an online student, you will benefit from the latest in learning technology that keeps you connected and supported throughout your studies.
The School of Business and Law are among the most qualified and active in the business community. Our expertise and experience are recognised by the AFR Boss MBA rankings (2019) for being one of only two universities that have 100 per cent of teachers with a PhD and 100 per cent of faculty with current business experience. Whether you are studying towards your MBA at CQUniversity or another postgraduate business degree, you can study with confidence knowing you will be learning from experienced business professionals and expert course leaders.
|Term 1 - 2022||Available Online|
|Term 2 - 2021||Available Online|
|Term 2 - 2022||Available Online|
|Term 3 - 2021||Available Online|
|Term 3 - 2022||Available Online|
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must hold one of the following:
- A completed Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) equivalent Bachelor degree, or higher equivalent qualification; or
- A completed Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) equivalent Diploma qualification; with a minimum of two years relevant business experience*; or
- A minimum of five years relevant professional business experience*.
Work Experience Deﬁnitions
*Relevant professional business experience must include direct, personal involvement in decision-making responsibility in a range of areas such as budgeting, marketing, HRM, staﬃng, project management, ﬁnancial management, process management, or other relevant professional experience.
Professional experience must be shown in a letter of employment which is presented on a company letterhead as well as signed and dated by a delegated authority. The letter must contain position title, duties performed and length of service.
English Language Proficiency Requirements:
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University. Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
- A secondary qualification (Year 11 and 12, or equivalent), or
- An Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) diploma level qualification, or
- Bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years fulltime with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
Completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland, or United States of America, which will meet the English proficiency.
If you do not satisfy any of the above you will need to undertake an English language proficiency test and achieve the following scores as below:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 6.0 overall with a minimum 5.5 in each subset; or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - Requires 550 or better overall & minimum TWE score of 4.5 (Paper Based Test), or 75 or better overall and no score less than 17 (Internet Based Test); or
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) - Requires an overall score of 54 with no sub-score less than 46; or
- An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components.
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date and the date of commencement of study, and must appear on a single result certificate.
International Students should visit http://www.cqu.edu.au/international for further information.
Each student will be assessed individually.
The Graduate Certificate in Business Consulting focuses on building the knowledge and skills required by professional business consultants. Students will be able to apply their learning to consultancy roles in established consulting firms, or may choose to set up their own consultancy business. Since consultancy professionals operate across all industries and organisations, including the corporate, government and third (not-for-profit) sectors, graduates will have a wide range of opportunities to focus on an area of interest. Specifically, student may seek employment as:
- Strategy or management consultants
- Marketing, human resource, or finance consultants
- Change management or corporate transformation consultants
- Project management consultant
|Fee Category||Full fee paying place|
|What is a Full Fee Paying Place||As a full fee-paying student, you are required to pay full tuition fees for your course.|
|Fee Type||Tuition Fees|
|What is my tuition fee?||
Your tuition fees are charged per unit of study based on the credit point value of each unit. Our Tuition Fee Schedules provide an estimate of fees per unit. You can also view fees specific to the course, and units, you are interested in studying by using our Cost Per Unit table.
|FEE-HELP and payment options||
FEE-HELP is the loan scheme provided the Australian Government to help eligible students pay their tuition fees through a loan. Eligible students can use a FEE-HELP loan to pay for all or some of their tuition fees. If you elect to use a FEE-HELP loan, this means that you will defer payment of your tuition fees and repay your FEE-HELP loan when your income is above the compulsory repayment threshold.
|Other Fees||You will also incur a Student Services and Amenities Fee.|
|Other study costs||You may have other study costs such as travel expenses related to residential schools or work placements if they are a requirement of your course. There are also textbooks, stationery and other sundry costs associated with studying.|
At CQUniversity, we believe University should be for everyone. No matter your situation, we know that everyone needs a helping hand from time to time and are proud to offer a wide range of scholarships and awards programs.
Our scholarships could help you pay for some or all of your course fees, or even contribute towards your living and study expenses.
If you have decided what you would like to study and are ready to apply, we’re here to help you along the way.
Want to know more about application dates and other admission information?
View our important dates information and read about other admission considerations such as information for domestic students with overseas qualifications, indigenous support, and elite athlete, coach and performer support.
What’s the best way to apply?
- Option 1: Ideal for Western Australian residents or those who want to study in Western Australia.
- Option 2: Ideal for all other states.
OPTION 1: WESTERN AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS AND THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO STUDY IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA, APPLY VIA APPLYCQUNI
If you live in Western Australia or are planning to study in Western Australia, apply via our ApplyCQUni portal.
OPTION 2: IDEAL IF YOU LIVE IN ANY OF THE STATES LISTED BELOW, APPLY DIRECTLY TO CQUNIVERSITY
If you live in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Northern Territory, Australian Capital Territory or Tasmania, submit your application directly to CQUniversity.