As part of its Economic Response to COVID-19, the Australian Government has partnered with state and territory governments, including the Queensland Government, to provide free or low-fee training courses through its JobTrainer Fund.
Job seekers and young people, including school leavers, can now take advantage of subsidised training to learn skills for jobs in demand.
To be eligible to enrol in a training place funded under the JobTrainer Fund, prospective students must:
- permanently reside in Queensland; and
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen; and
- have finished school or no longer be at school (including home schooled); and
- not be enrolled in training (includes vocational education and training (VET) and higher education courses); and
- either be a (1) Job seeker OR (2) School leaver/Young person OR (3) applying to undertake training in aged care, disability care, childcare and digital skills as defined below:-
- Job seeker means an individual aged 15 years or older who is:
- out of work; or
- in receipt of income support payments.
- School leaver or young person means an individual who is aged 16 to 24 years, regardless of employment status.
- To address critical skills shortages any eligible Queenslander, regardless of age or employment status, who wants to undertake training in aged care, disability care, childcare and digital skills.**
Students are eligible to access training under the JobTrainer Fund regardless of any prior qualifications completed or held. Students are only eligible to access one JobTrainer Funded certificate or diploma course.
Students may be able to undertake more than one “short course” (skill set) funded through the JobTrainer Fund, depending on any eligibility requirements for the short course, but cannot be enrolled in more than one subsidised short course or qualification at a time. Students completing a full qualification under JobTrainer will not be eligible for further qualifications or short courses.
Enrolments for new students are available until the 7 November 2022. Start of study under the JobTrainer program is required by close of business 31 December 2022. If the course is not completed by 30 June 2023 subsequent unit enrolments may be priced at the full fee rate unless a government subsidy is applicable. Government subsidies require eligibility criteria to be met and are subject to change. For current government subsidies visit TAFE Subsidised Training.
- Some courses may require the student to be an existing working in the related industry.
- ^Students must be the owner, manager or employee of a small business in Queensland.
- #Student must identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
- VET Student Loans are not available for JobTrainer recipients.
- Please carefully consider your training options before committing to a training course as this may exhaust your entitlement to further Queensland Government subsidised training.
- Further information is available from the Queensland Government.
Talk to a person
Not sure if you are eligible? Book a conversation with our friendly team.
JobTrainer Funded Courses
No Fee Courses
$0 tuition fee for eligible applicants completing their course by 30 June 2023.
- BSB30120 - Certificate III in Business
- CHC30121 - Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care**
- CHC30221 - Certificate III in School Based Education Support
- FNS30317 - Certificate III in Accounts Administration
- HLT35021 - Certificate III in Dental Assisting
- SHB20216 - Certificate II in Salon Assistant
- SIT20116 - Certificate II in Tourism
Certificate II (lower level) vocational qualifications may also be subsidised in certain limited circumstances.
Low Fee Courses
$400 maximum tuition cost for eligible applicants completing their course by 30 June 2023.
- 10971NAT - Certificate IV in Justice Studies
- 10972NAT - Diploma of Justice Studies
- BSB40920 - Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- BSB40520 - Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- BSB50120 - Diploma of Business
- BSB50420 - Diploma of Leadership and Management
- BSB50820 - Diploma of Project Management
- BSB40320 - Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business^
- CHC40221 - Certificate IV in School Based Education Support
- CHC50121 - Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care**
- FNS40217 - Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
- TAE40116 - Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
No Fee Short Courses (Skill Sets and Part Qualifications)
JobTrainer short course only (Health support) - subsidy available for up to 4 units of competency (CHCCOM005, CHCDIV001, HLTINF001, HLTWHS001)
Find more Courses at Reduced Fees
Explore our range of other reduced fee courses available through TAFE Priority Skills Fund.