Zonta Club of Gladstone Scholarship
The Scholarship provides recognition and financial assistance to a deserving female CQUniversity student from the Gladstone region.
Scholarship Value: $1,000
Length of Scholarship: Once off
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 15 September 2020
Closing Date: 08 January 2021
|Year of Study||2nd year; 3rd year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; International; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the Zonta Club of Gladstone Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to be enrolled at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2021;
- Be studying in 2nd or 3rd year of any undergraduate course;
- Have a residential address within the Gladstone region;
- Be female;
- Be enrolled at Census Date in Term 1, 2021;
- Not be receiving another CQUniversity Scholarship of similar or higher value.
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
Expectations of Recipients
As an added professional development opportunity, all scholarship recipients are expected to engage with Blackbullion, an online interactive financial literacy platform. Scholarship recipients must complete the “budgeting” pathway + 1 (one) other module of their choice prior to payment being made.
As a scholarship recipient, you will be asked to participate in a feedback survey. You may also be approached to assist with positively promoting CQUniversity’s Scholarship program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media or invited to attend events such as Orientation or Open Days.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 after final post Census Date eligibility and Blackbullion engagement checks in
Payment for $1,000 will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Complete Applications must be received at the Student Scholarships Office by 5pm AEST on the closing date.Selection of the successful recipient will be determined by representatives from The Zonta Club of Gladstone. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
The Zonta Club of Gladstone was formed in 1991 with the official charter date in January, 1992. Zonta is a diverse group of professional women working together to advance the status of women locally & worldwide through service & advocacy.