Women in Finance and Economics Scholarship
The Women in Finance and Economics Scholarships will provide recognition and assistance to a deserving female student commencing in a selected accounting, business or property degree at CQUniversity and who demonstrates one or multiple equity factors.
Scholarship Value: $10,000
Length of Scholarship: 1 (One) Year
Number Available: 3
Opening Date: 04 October 2021
Closing Date: 07 January 2022
|Study Level||Undergraduate; Masters|
|Year of Study||Future; First year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||Full time|
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2022;
- Be a commencing student;
- Be studying a minimum term study load of 18 credit points or more;
- Be female;
- Be enrolled in one of the following courses:
- Bachelor of Accounting [CQ01]
- Bachelor of Business [CA01]
- Bachelor of Property [CF56]
- Bachelor of Accounting and Bachelor of Business [CQ91]
- Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Business [CL53]
- Master of Professional Accounting [CC57]
- Demonstrate at least one or several of the following equity factors:
- Re-entering the workforce;
- Demonstrating low personal/ family income or under financial pressure;
- Being between 16 and 35 years old, or over 50 years old;
- Residing in a regional or remote area;
- Identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and provide a Confirmation of Identity;
- Having a disability or long-term medical condition
- Being a migrant or from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) background;
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or holder of a Humanitarian Visa with a permanent home address in Australia.
- Be enrolled at Census Date in Term 1, 2022;
- Not be receiving multiple CQUniversity Scholarships that exceed the annual value of $10,000.
Applicants will be assessed based on the application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following criteria:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your education objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicants must:
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 4.0 each term
- Maintain a study load of 18 credit points or more in Term 2
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date of each term (Terms 1 & 2)
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCQU for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date to avoid delays.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- CQUniversity unofficial transcript
- Documents demonstrating community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Documents demonstrating financial need. These generally include 3 x consecutive recent paylips and/or Centrelink Income Statement
To apply for a Women in Finance and Economics Scholarship, complete an online Scholarship Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is attached:
For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
Complete Applications must be received at the Student Scholarships Office by 5pm AEST on the closing date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.Scholarships at CQUniversity are competitive. All applications are ranked based on the selection criteria. The Scholarships Team are unable to provide updates to students on the progress of their individual application until all assessments are completed. Students will be notified of the outcome of their application via their student email accounts only. Decisions are final.