HealthX Rural Nursing Scholarship
The Scholarship will provide recognition and financial assistance to a student studying a Graduate Certificate in Nursing (Re-Entry) from a regional or remote location.
Scholarship Value: $5,000
Length of Scholarship: Once off
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 15 September 2020
Closing Date: 08 January 2021
|Study Level||Postgraduate (Course work)|
|Year of Study||Any|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the HealthX Rural Nursing Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to be enrolled at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2021;
- Be studying a Graduate Certificate in Nursing (Re-Entry) (CH79)
- Be residing or studying in a community classified as Inner Regional, Outer Regional, Remote or Very Remote by the Australian Government. To confirm your address is likely to fit this category, please refer to this Australian Government resource.
- Be enrolled at Census date Term 1, 2021
- Not be receiving another CQUniversity Scholarship of similar or higher value.
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives;
- Extracurricular activities – especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership:
- Life experiences
Expectation of Recipients
As an added professional development opportunity, all scholarship recipients are expected to engage with Blackbullion, an online interactive financial literacy platform. Scholarship recipients must complete the “budgeting” pathway + 1 (one) other module of their choice prior to the first payment being made.
As a scholarship recipient, you will be asked to participate in a feedback survey. You may also be approached to assist with positively promoting CQUniversity’s Scholarship program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media or invited to attend events such as Orientation or Open Days.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Term 1 Census Date to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 after final post Census Date eligibility and Blackbullion engagement checks.
Payment of $5,000 will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
- Written submission
- CQUniversity unofficial transcript or similar document demonstrating previous academic achievement/success
- Documents demonstrating community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
Complete Applications must be received at the Student Scholarships Office by 5pm AEST on the closing date.
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
HealthX's story began in 2008 when they set out to solve nursing shortages across regional and remote Australia. They saw a desperate need for experienced nurses in these areas with limited capacity to recruit locally. So, they set about attracting and employing highly skilled nurses from overseas, to build long term nursing capacity within these regions.
HealthX is not a nursing agency and they are not a recruitment company. They are the proud employer and sponsor of nurses that provide long term and sustainable nursing care for client organisations. HealthX also employs a team of highly experienced contract nurses to support clients and nurses during interim periods of needs.