Errol and Berenice Payne 50th Anniversary Scholarship
The Scholarship provides recognition and financial assistance to a deserving student enrolled in CQUniversity’s Bachelor of Science (Honours).
Scholarship Value: $5000
Length of Scholarship: Once Off
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 01 May 2020
Closing Date: 12 June 2020
|Year of Study||First year; 2nd year; 3rd year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the Errol & Berenice Payne 50th Anniversary Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol in CQUniversity in Term 2, 2020
- Be enrolled in the Bachelor of Science (Honours) [CG84]
- Have completed a CQUniversity Bachelor course
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Not be receiving any other CQUniversity Scholarship of similar or higher value
Applicants will be assessed on the application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the Scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives;
- Extracurricular activities – especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
Expectation of Recipients
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
In addition to the eligibility criteria, the successful applicant must:
Maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 each term
Remain enrolled in the course as at Term 1 Census Date
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census date to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 2, 2020 and Term 1, 2021 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account, based on term study load as follows:
- $2,500/term based on a full time term study load of 18 credit points or more.
- $1,250/term based on a part time study load of at least 12 credit points.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- CQUniversity unofficial transcript
- Documentation demonstrating community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
To apply for the Errol & Berenice Payne 50th Anniversary Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
This scholarship marks and celebrates the 50th Anniversary of the establishment of the Queensland Institute of Technology (Capricornia) on 1st January 1967 which, for the first time, provided the opportunity for Central Queensland students to undertake tertiary studies within their communities. The scholarship also recognises and celebrates the subsequent 50 years of continuous development leading to CQUniversity as it is today.