CQUniCares Connellan Airways Trust Scholarship
The CQUniCares Connellan Airways Trust Scholarship will provide recognition and financial assistance to undergraduate students residing in outback, remote or rural Australian communities.
Scholarship Value: Up to $5,000
Length of Scholarship: 1 (one) Year
Number Available: 4 (four)
Opening Date: 04 October 2021
Closing Date: 07 January 2022
|Year of Study||Any|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2022
- Be studying an undergraduate course in any area of study
- Be enrolled with a term study load of at least 12 credit points
- Reside at a permanent home address in an outback / remote / rural location
- To confirm if your address is likely to fit this criteria, please refer to the following Australian Government resource. Locations categorised (using the ASGS remoteness area 2016 filter) as remote or very remote are eligible. Outer regional may be considered in some circumstances
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- Be enrolled at Census date in Term 1, 2022
- Not be receiving another CQUniversity Scholarship of similar or higher value.
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniCares and Connellan Airways Trust Scholarships Programs by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events organised by CQUniversity or the Trust.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Term 1 Census Date to avoid delays.
Payments are based on term study loads as follows
- $1,250 /term for study load of 12 credit points
- $2,500 /term for study load of 18 credit points or more
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 after final post Census Date eligibility and Blackbullion engagement checks each term.
Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date in Term 2 with a minimum study load of 12 credit points or more
- Complete 2 x additional pathways (recipient’s choice of remaining topics) of Blackbullion financial literacy platform prior to Term 1 Census Date
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Complete the online Scholarship Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
The Connellan Airways Trust is a non-profit organisation established by E.J Connellan, working to improve the lives of people living and working in outback (isolated, remote and rural) places across Australia through grants and scholarships. The Trust is enabling the advancement of people in outback Australia, with a focus on education and health outcomes.