Arrow Energy Go Further Indigenous Scholarship
This scholarship is to provide assistance and support to Indigenous students studying in any discipline and in any year of study at CQUniversity.
Scholarship Value: Up to $10,000 ($5,000 in Term 1 and $5,000 in Term 2)^
Length of Scholarship: One year
Opening Date: 15 October 2018
Closing Date: 11 January 2019
|Study Level||Undergraduate; Postgraduate (Course work)|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year; 2nd year; 3rd year; Final/4th year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive The Arrow Energy Go Further Indigenous Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2019
- Be studying in an undergraduate or postgraduate course
- Be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander decent
- Be enrolled at Census date Term 1, 2019
- An Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded* Scholarship
*Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on the application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following criteria:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your education objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicant/s must:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 throughout the duration of their scholarship
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date (Term 1 and 2)
- As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
(Note: Support is available from the Indigenous Tutorial Assistance Scheme (ITAS) and the Academic Learning Centre, and students will be encouraged to use this service throughout their program).
Payment of the Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 and Term 2 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payment amount is based on study load as follows:
- $5,000/term full-time term study load (18 credit points or more)
- $2,500/term part-time term study load (12 credit points or less)
Payments will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Evidence that the student identifies with one of Traditional Owner groups to whom Arrow Energy has capacity obligations i.e. Barada Barna, Barunggam, Bigambul, Birri, Cobble Cobble, Emon/Iman, Jangga, Jarowair / Yarowair, Kambuwal, Mandandanji, Northern Gomeroi / Gomeroi, Wiri, Wakka Wakka / Western Wakka Wakka, Yetimarala (if applicable) OR
- Proof of Aboriginality and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
To apply for the Arrow Energy Go Further Indigenous Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) click here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Arrow is committed to supporting better educational outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.