Arrow Energy Go Further Indigenous Scholarship
This scholarship is to provide assistance and support to Indigenous students studying in any discipline and in any year of study at CQUniversity.
Scholarship Value: Up to $10,000
Length of Scholarship: 1 (One) Year
Opening Date: 15 November 2019
Closing Date: 10 January 2020
|Study Level||Undergraduate; Postgraduate (Course work); Postgraduate (Research)|
|Year of Study||Any|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive The Arrow Energy Go Further Indigenous Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2020
- Be studying in an undergraduate or postgraduate course
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and provide a Confirmation of Identity
- Be enrolled at Census date Term 1, 2020
- An Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
- Not be receiving another CQUniversity Scholarship of similar or higher value
Applicants will be assessed based on the application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following criteria:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your education objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
Expectations of Recipients
Arrow Energy Scholarship recipients will be required to provide a profile photo, short biography and complete an Arrow Energy Talent Release Form as part of the scholarship acceptance process.
As a scholarship recipient, you will be asked to assist with positively promoting the Arrow Energy Go Further Indigenous Scholarships Program by sharing your experiences through media or invited to attend events.
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicant/s must:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 throughout the duration of their scholarship
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date (Term 1 and 2)
(Note: Support is available from the Indigenous Tutorial Assistance Scheme (ITAS) and the Academic Learning Centre, and students will be encouraged to use this service throughout their program).
Payment of the Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 and Term 2 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payment amount is based on study load as follows:
- $5,000/term full-time term study load (18 credit points or more)
- $2,500/term part-time term study load (12 credit points or less)
Payments will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- Demonstration of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Demonstration of community involvement, exemplary work or leadership
- Confirmation of Identity / or
- Evidence that the applicant identifies with one of Traditional Owner groups to whom Arrow Energy has capacity obligations i.e. Barada Barna, Barunggam, Bigambul, Birri, Cobble Cobble, Emon/Iman, Jangga, Jarowair / Yarowair, Kambuwal, Mandandanji, Northern Gomeroi / Gomeroi, Wiri, Wakka Wakka / Western Wakka Wakka, Yetimarala (if applicable)
To apply for the Arrow Energy Go Further Indigenous Scholarship:
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply here
Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Arrow is committed to supporting better educational outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.