Arrow Energy Go Further Indigenous Scholarship
The Arrow Energy Go Further Indigenous Scholarship will provide recognition and assistance to Indigenous students studying an undergraduate or postgraduate course at CQUniversity.
Scholarship Value: Up to $10,000
Length of Scholarship: 1 (One) Year
Number Available: 1
Opening Date: 01 October 2020
Closing Date: 08 January 2021
|Study Level||Undergraduate; Postgraduate (Course work); Postgraduate (Research)|
|Year of Study||Any|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the Arrow Energy Go Further Indigenous Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to be enrolled at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2021.
- Be studying an undergraduate or postgraduate course.
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and provide a Confirmation of Identity.
- Be enrolled at Census Date in Term 1, 2021.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident.
- Not be receiving another CQUniversity Scholarship of similar or higher value.
Preference will be given to:
- Previous Arrow Energy Go Further Indigenous Scholarship recipients.
- Applicants who identify with one of the Traditional Owner groups to whom Arrow Energy has capacity obligations i.e. Barada Barna, Barunggam, Bigambul, Birri, Cobble Cobble, Emon/Iman, Jangga, Jarowair / Yarowair, Kambuwal, Mandandanji, Northern Gomeroi / Gomeroi, Wiri, Wakka Wakka / Western Wakka Wakka, or Yetimarala.
Applicants will be assessed on the application and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives.
- Extracurricular activities – especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership.
- Life experiences
Expectations of Recipients
Successful recipients will be required to provide a portfolio photo, short biography and complete an Arrow Energy Talent Release Form.
As an added professional development opportunity, all scholarship recipients are expected to engage with Blackbullion, an online interactive financial literacy platform. Scholarship recipients must complete the “budgeting” pathway + 1 (one) other module of their choice prior to the first payment being made.
As a scholarship recipient, you will be asked to participate in a feedback survey. You may also be approached to assist with positively promoting CQUniversity’s Scholarship program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media or invited to attend events such as Orientation or Open Days.
In addition to the eligibility requirements, the successful applicant/s must:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census Date each term
- Complete 2 x additional pathways (recipient’s choice of remaining topics) of Blackbullion financial literacy platform prior to Term 2 Census Date.
Please note that failure to meet the continuing eligibility criteria may result in the scholarship being cancelled.
(Note: Support is available from the Indigenous Tutorial Assistance Scheme (ITAS) and the Academic Learning Centre, and students will be encouraged to use this service throughout their program).
Payment of the Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Term 1 Census Date to avoid delays.
Payments are based on term study loads as follows
- $2,500 /term for study load of 12 credit points
- $5,000 /term for study load of 18 credit points or more
Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Confirmation of Identity
To apply for the Arrow Energy Go Further Indigenous Scholarship:
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply here
Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Arrow Energy is committed to supporting better educational outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Since 2012, Arrow have maintained 25- 30 Scholarships to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their tertiary educational outcomes. The Arrow Energy Indigenous Scholarship program is our partnership with leading Queensland universities, and provides scholarships of $5000 for part-time students and $10,000 for full time students. Visit www.arrowenergy.com.au for further details.